• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Manning Returning for 2019-2020 - b/c basketball decision, obvi

Shah and co., all the money you're throwing into facilities means fuck all if we have a dumbass as head coach and AD that you're propping up. Hope you enjoy your $$ being wasted instead of put to the good use of paying this buyout and getting Ron out immediately

Just, wow.

LOL at anyone who goes to a game next year besides family.

Looking forward to the coming transfers and Hoard playing in Europe.

Did anything else come out about Manning's contract? I have UNC friends texting me in shock that Ron gave Manning an $18 million fully guaranteed contract

Did anything else come out about Manning's contract? I have UNC friends texting me in shock that Ron gave Manning an $18 million fully guaranteed contract

very first question:

Q: Was the buyout a part of the decision?
A: Danny’s continuation is based on our belief in him and his staff and the future of our program. Otherwise, we do not discuss contract details publicly.

so if it's true that Bz actually resigned and his wife hated being in WS... is it possible that the billboard and all the other fan-driven push to fire Bz actually worked? And taking a classier route this time around and assuming that Wellman isn't a complete idiot fucked the fans with another year of Manning?

very first question:

Q: Was the buyout a part of the decision?
A: Danny’s continuation is based on our belief in him and his staff and the future of our program. Otherwise, we do not discuss contract details publicly.

What a bunch of horse shit.

If finances are tight I don't understand why we wouldn't just pay the buyout and hire a cheap coach (W Miller?). If you are paying DM 3.5mm/yr and the new coach 1mm/yr I'm sure it would be net-positive financially for WF (over just paying DM 3.5mm) due to increased donations, ticket sales, etc.

https://godeacs.com/news/2019/3/22/...nny-manning-to-return-for-2019-20-season.aspx

"A: I am encouraged by the future of the program and the commitment of our young players. But we've got to stop the attrition. The way for us to become a championship team is to become a veteran team. While there are a lot of transfers in today's college basketball, we have to find a way to have a stable program despite the national environment."

Ah, so all the transfers are due to the national transfer environment. Got it.

In light of the incredible number of players leaving the program early during Manning’s tenure, Wellman’s linking Daniel’s retention to the player’s wanting him here is just another absurd feather in his colorful jestor’s hat.

Look at these two fuckos

D2RKUMyX4AESPec.jpg:large

Danny looks brain dead

Q: Why should the public believe that Danny is the right person to lead this program?
A: We have been 11-20 each of the last two years and those are not the results we expect. It has taken longer than we wanted, but we feel a good foundation has been set. Next year will be a turnaround year for us and I felt Danny was the best person to achieve that immediate improvement.

The players in the program have been very impressive off the court. In the classroom, they achieved over a 3.0 grade point average in the fall, the highest GPA ever for our men's basketball program. They are good representatives of Wake Forest in the community. They commit a lot of time to charitable efforts such as the Special Olympics and Brenner Children's Hospital.

Hey, our teams sucks hind teat but at least the players are involved in charitable causes. So we can feel great about that.

Have on good authority that everyone will return, even Hoard. Jaylen likes being a student at WF and his sister is playing at WF this fall.

Of course, that can change but that was good to hear.

Good to hear? For who? If anything, you're glad that they are returning to a place that will stunt their growth and continue to waste their college playing career.

Q: Why should the public believe that Danny is the right person to lead this program?
A: We have been 11-20 each of the last two years and those are not the results we expect. It has taken longer than we wanted, but we feel a good foundation has been set. Next year will be a turnaround year for us and I felt Danny was the best person to achieve that immediate improvement.

The players in the program have been very impressive off the court. In the classroom, they achieved over a 3.0 grade point average in the fall, the highest GPA ever for our men's basketball program. They are good representatives of Wake Forest in the community. They commit a lot of time to charitable efforts such as the Special Olympics and Brenner Children's Hospital.

Hey, our teams sucks hind teat but at least the players are involved in charitable causes. So we can feel great about that.

Looks like we are scheduling a game against our special olympians next year?

Haha, at least we aren't being coy about not wanting to compete. We flat out have said we don't care if we aren't competitive in basketball.

Worked hard in practice and had grit, it’s like come on they lost by an average of 18 points in the ACC, they made improvements at the end of the year? Ahh they lost to UNC by 38 within the last 8 games. We finished the year with four straight losses and 1 win in the last 6 games. In those 6 games we lost by 20 to State and 25 to Syracuse. I guess the one point loss to Duke really did save his job, good thing we didn’t win or it might have triggered another 10 million added to the buyout.

As we all know, winning basketball games and being good people is mutually exclusive.

Such condescending tripe.

Back