• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Maps of Potential High Speed Rail between Charlotte and Atlanta

Doing some quick math using their 40-year amortization period, and giving them the benefit of the doubt on the high revenue, it amounts to a $4.5 billion loss. That is over $3,000 per citizen of Charlotte and Atlanta combined.

But the selling point would be that you can keep working while you're traveling (assuming they're targeting business travelers and offer wi-fi). And for personal travel, if it's ultimately cheaper than the cost of gas and wear/tear, it might be favorable. Of course you then have to consider ground transportation once in Atlanta and it's one city that you need a car in.

That's exactly why I said 4.5 hours - definitely longer than it takes to drive, but I could be productive the entire time.

Also, much like the Interstate system (or to a lesser extent airports) completely rewrote city infrastructure, I'm sure a world-class city like Atlanta would figure out a good way to get people where they need to get after disembarking from the high-speed rail. They've got at least 20 years to do it.

Also, much like the Interstate system (or to a lesser extent airports) completely rewrote city infrastructure, I'm sure a world-class city like Atlanta would figure out a good way to get people where they need to get after disembarking from the high-speed rail. They've got at least 20 years to do it.

Well they still haven't figured out a good way to get people to Braves games via public transport. And that stadium was built almost 20 years ago....

Well they still haven't figured out a good way to get people to Braves games via public transport. And that stadium was built almost 20 years ago....

Apples and Oranges. Game crowds for 80 games vs. commuting traffic 365 days a year.

Back