• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Marriage Equality

People who are immune to facts and lack empathy have to rely on experience.

If only every bigot with a platform could have a child in a similar situation...

Rep. Paul Ryan now supports gay adoption

"I do believe that if there are children who are orphans who do not have a loving person or couple ... I think if a person wants to love and raise a child, they ought to be able to do that. Period. I would vote that way," Ryan says, according to video posted on the liberal Think Progress website.

Many of their parents have lived here for decades. Where is the trillion or more to round them up and send them back?

We need to deal with reality.

True, but we shouldn't screw over people who are trying to come to the country legally to do it. In other words, people who came here illegally shouldn't just get to jump ahead of the ones doing it right.

But back to the thread, expect Delaware to join that list before July 1st.

Breaking News UK ‏@BreakingNewsUK 5m

Queen gives royal assent to same-sex marriage legislation; gay marriage now legal in England and Wales - @TelegraphNews

Queen gives royal assent to same-sex marriage legislation; gay marriage now legal in England and Wales - @TelegraphNews

Shit wouldn't have happened if they were ruled by a King!

America's arguably two closest allies, England and Canada, now allow same-sex marriage and Israel's allowed gays to serve in the military since 1993, but the 2016 GOP platform with still likely call for a constitutional amendment banning same-sex marriage and call for banning gays in the military.

The freaking Queen of England is more progressive than the jokers running my state (and a lot of other states). Sometimes I hate where I live.

Just saw this was posted here. Not sure I needed to post a new thread I guess.

The freaking Queen of England is more progressive than the jokers running my state (and a lot of other states). Sometimes I hate where I live.

British revenge for the Revolution: steal all our gays; profit.

Same-sex couples will get federal tax recognition

The Treasury Department and Internal Revenue Service announced on Thursday that legally married same-sex couples will receive the same tax treatment and benefits as heterosexual couples, a decision that follows the Supreme Court ruling this summer that overturned the Defense of Marriage Act.

This tax treatment will apply even if a gay couple lives in a state that does not recognize same-sex marriage so long as they were married in a state or country that does.

Back