• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Married Deacs - What Was Your First Dance Song?

Pretty sure Mrs. DF07 used "I Loved Her First". Could be mistaken though. Were you even at my wedding? :umkc:

i will admit that i don't remember what her father/daughter song was. however, i DO know that she really loved cinderella and wanted it to be the father/daughter dance, but at the ceremony, y'all had another steven curtis chapman song, and she didn't want it to be too overwhelmingly full of steven curtis chapman. so she chose a different song.

I feel like this is a great father-daughter dance song. I don't even have kids yet, but if I do have a daughter, this song will make me bawl.

Love that song a lot but my dad does not do anything remotely country. I actually don't remember what song we danced to.

LOL at the idea of a father daughter dance to "I Loved Her First," and all of the guests at the reception talking about what a dick move it is.

"Hey, can you believe DeacHoops dad dancing to THAT song? What a dick! I'm going to eat all of the shrimp myself and steal a bottle of scotch. We'll see how that dick feels then."

i will admit that i don't remember what her father/daughter song was. however, i DO know that she really loved cinderella and wanted it to be the father/daughter dance, but at the ceremony, y'all had another steven curtis chapman song, and she didn't want it to be too overwhelmingly full of steven curtis chapman. so she chose a different song.

All is forgiven. One of my best friend's sang this song in the ceremony. Did a great job too.

Steven Curtis just cranks out sentimental wedding songs like it's HIS JOB.

my choice has always been between that song and the country song "i loved her first." i THINK we're set on "i loved her first" at this point, but i still love cinderella. i've had several friends use it, which is my only real hesitation with it. i don't really want to copy-cat my friends.

We used I loved her first, and it was one of 3 times I cried during the wedding (another was my Dad telling me Matt was a great guy and he was happy I found him as we walked down the aisle, and then my Dad's toast. It's funny because I am very much not a "daddy's girl" but for some reason I was all emotional about my dad's part in the wedding.

My mom and I danced to 8 days a week after Matt and his mom danced, and it was supposed to be just dedicated to my mom and everyone could dance, but we have always been super close and so we were just swing dancing and kind of playing around and everyone just watched us dance. Later the photographer said that you could just imagine me growing up dancing with my mom in the kitchen and so that dance actually in my mind is more special than the father daughter was. Because it just more accurately represents my childhood/who raised me.

I have been to several weddings with "I loved her first" and it isn't even remotely dickish.

I've been to a wedding where they used Ben Folds' The Luckiest. I love that song, but the fact that Ben Folds has had FOUR wives takes just a liiiiitle bit of the impact away for me.

I loved her first would definitely be awkward for a groom or guests who arent familiar with country music or the song. I've heard it played at a few different receptions, and the reactions were a mixed bag to be honest.

Our Mother/Son song was What a Wonderful World mainly because it was one of the shorter songs.

A funny story from Unchained Melody. I took a few classical dance classes in college so I'm a pretty good dancer, and used to leading. We took dance lessons leading up to the wedding so mrstsy would be more comfortable, and had choreographed the whole song. The problem was mrstsy was so nervous that she didnt eat a thing all day, and between the bottle of champagne after the ceremony and the drinks before going into the reception she was quite tipsy. We started the dance and went to do the first twirl and she went the wrong way, so I pulled her in close and we middle school danced the rest of the song.

Yo recuerdo la noche muy bien. Jeff y yo, bailemos con nuestras corazones en fuego! AI AI AI! Pero, Jeff era una novia a la fuga! Finalmente ahora, con Dino encendido, somos reunidos a la bosque de Wake y jugamos "golf" de la noche CADA DIA! Claro que si ;-P jajajaja

Juan "el maestro del coño" Wellman

I probably spent the better part of 10 minutes trying to remember if I was blackout drunk or what during your first dance because I'm sure I would have remembered this.

Then I scrolled down a few posts and saw the "I was just messing around."

You Are The Best Thing -Ray LaMontagne

it is an awkward slow dance song so we quickly slow danced for a bit then broke out some shag moves for the crowd!

Last edited:
You send me - Sam Cooke
No choreography. Just straight shoot from the hip slow dancing.

Same here.

Father/Daughter and Mother/Son dance was "The Way You Look Tonight" - Sinatra.

Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds--The Ship Song

Knew that most of the guests had never heard it, but I was tired of sitting through everyone else's crappy music selections and felt like, dammit, it's MY turn!

First dance, with swing dancing:

Mother son, with salsa dancing:

Father daughter, with shag dancing:

Back