• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Maryland athletics continues to struggle financially, despite planned move to Big Ten

Has all this new construction been paid for and built or these are just photoshop illustrations? Will the money MD has to pay to the other ACC schools have any impact?

It's not like an indoor practice facility helped Oregon in terms of recruiting or anything!

(Also, note the two outdoor practice fields connected to the building.)

Iowa State and Kansas have really seen a BOOM in recruiting due to theirs, however.

UnderArmour has really hurt their brand with the full-on Maryland thing. Oregon is soooo much sexier. Half of it are the gawdawful football uniforms. They've been so bad and coupled with that 2-10 record, it just made it worse. It's like Maryland hired Lady gaga as their designer or something.

I do look forward to seeing Maryland wear their state flag unis when they play Indiana in their candy-cane uniforms. Last place in the Big Ten never looked so good!

I still have no idea if I'm going to root for Maryland because I hate the other Big Ten schools and have generally liked Maryland or root against Maryland to laugh at them for leaving the ACC.

I still have no idea if I'm going to root for Maryland because I hate the other Big Ten schools and have generally liked Maryland or root against Maryland to laugh at them for leaving the ACC.

Ummm...both?

I'll just continue to not give a shit about any of them. Glad they have something to do in flyover country during the winter besides freeze their dicks off.

Not really sure how a Wake fan can hate on Northwestern... unless you didn't get in, of course!

After all the bullshit pie-in-the-sky promises their fans made, I'm gonna enjoy watching MD get crushed and seeing those promises remain unfulfilled.

Not really sure how a Wake fan can hate on Northwestern... unless you didn't get in, of course!

Northwestern is nice and all, but they're a complete non-factor in hoops.

Well, based on the track record of the millions of dollars Under Armour put into Maryland football at this juncture, I doubt their going to build it and then go away... no?

Seems to have worked with your current situation. #fail

Maryland athletics continues to struggle financially, despite planned move to...

I know, if only we hadn't been down to our 6th string QB/LB last year....

I think he means your financial situation, but I wouldn't expect a Maryland fan or alumnus to have any awareness of that.

Def. the latter for me. I hope they enjoy long road trips, hard recruiting in the midwest and generally being forgotten on the east coast.

Maryland is going to get shit on by ACC fans during their last ACC tournament. They'll get a Duke-like reaction.

Back