• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

@ Maryland, State at home

We are playing to finish with as good of a conference record as we can get to try to get into position to be invited to a postseason tournament.

Just like every other team right now.

That's a fair answer. I disagree with your conclusion though. In all likelihood, we need to win both of these next two games to make the NIT (or NCAAT). I wouldn't be surprised if we need to win both to make the CBI.

Last edited:
They have had Howard back for 4 games and Len for 3. There performance has gotten a little better, but they still haven't been worldbeaters.

I don't necessarily think we will win on the road, but they are beatable playing like they are now.

If Len sticks around a few years he's going to be really good. Pretty agile for a legit 7 footer.

Having seen State and MD play each other, unfortunately, I doubt that we can beat either one of them. Here's to hoping that I'm wrong! :thumbsup:

Flip that and you would be correct.

I get that you're a big NCSU guy but I think you're overrating them by quite a bit. When you consider that State is at home and MD is on the road I think there is definitely a better chance we beat State.

I get that you're a big NCSU guy but I think you're overrating them by quite a bit. When you consider that State is at home and MD is on the road I think there is definitely a better chance we beat State.

True, I didn't take the schedule into account. I actually think Wake will have a pretty strong record this season at home, especially if they come out with the energy and execution they did to start off the VT game.

And i hope i'm not coming off like a huge NCSU homer, but probably am. I'm a huge WF fan, both parents and multiple family members went there and I went to every basketball game from the ROK era til 2005. Just happened to go to NCSU for college due to what I wanted to do. Sorry if I ruffle any feathers around here, it's not intentional.

State has an insanely easy start to the ACC...they should worst case be 3-1 through four games as they not only play the four worst teams in the conference, three of them are at the RBC Center (the other being in Winston).

State has an insanely easy start to the ACC...they should worst case be 3-1 through four games as they not only play the four worst teams in the conference, three of them are at the RBC Center (the other being in Winston).

Very similar to our football schedule this season. We should indeed be at least 3-1, however I am not putting any coin on that. I am happy our new folks get their ACC baptism with this schedule vs going to Cameron or some such nonsense.

Back