• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

@ Maryland, State at home

We're going to sweep BC.

Oh, really? Even when they're playing in a manner that accents our few positive qualities and minimizes our many negative ones, this team has a very small margin for error. It's simple folly to assume that we are talented enough to "walk over" against any of our opponents. We're not.

Hope so. But every ACC team thinks this. And they probably won't go winless in conference.

There is no such thing as a guarantee for WF basketball, other than losses to Duke and UNC.

not only losses to duke and unc but also biased officiating.

Either Clemson is much better than they've played so far this year or we should have a shot at FSU. Not sure how FSU gets rolled by Clemson.

Outside of UNC and Duke, it wouldn't surprise me to beat anybody else.

Maryland sucks. Their fans are dejected and the students will still be on break. That being said I don't expect to win.

Also for peeps using KenPom remember we may be very slightly underrated because we dropped 10 spots post-Wofford (without our best player). I'd say the game against Maryland on a neutral court's a toss up. Line will probably be 4 points or so. It should be a good game.

I did say we'd start 2-0 in conference play though before "crashing back" to like 4-12 and making everyone the boards get ridiculously excited.

Now that Len is playing we'll have some problems with MD. He 7'1 and talented. He's averaging 14/8/2.3 blocks and is shooting .789 from the field.

Hope so. But every ACC team thinks this. And they probably won't go winless in conference.

There is no such thing as a guarantee for WF basketball, other than losses to Duke and UNC.

They are worse than we were last year, and we very nearly went winless.

Obviously no guarantee that we will sweep, but I think there's a pretty good chance.

Last edited:
A win at MD is asking a lot. I know they weren't expected to be very good preseason but their resume is solid. They don't have any bad losses.

A win at MD is asking a lot. I know they weren't expected to be very good preseason but their resume is solid. They don't have any bad losses.

I don't get why people are saying Maryland's resume is solid? There is a reason they will be ranked lower than us in kenpom tomorrow probably.

Last 6 games

3 point win over #312 Mt St Marys
4 point win over #228 FIU
5 point win over #314 Radford
11 point win over #177 Albany
12 point win over #294 Sanford
8 point win over #186 Cornell

Per kenpom, Maryland is the luckiest team in America and we are 11th.

Last edited:
Now that Maryland has all their people back I find it very tough to believe we can pull one out in CP. Hopefully we can play them tight though.

Howard returns from injury and the Ukranian 7ft er is now eligible for Terps.
Stoglin - baller, shot caller.

Pay attention.

They have had Howard back for 4 games and Len for 3. There performance has gotten a little better, but they still haven't been worldbeaters.

I don't necessarily think we will win on the road, but they are beatable playing like they are now.

Winning in CP is tough, winning any road ACC game is tough.

I'd rather have MD now than later. Also now that G Williams is gone let's see what the new coach brings to the table.

We've got our 1st win under out belt so there is no pressure on us to win. In fact winning one against VT or @MD is a plus one for us, IMO, so we are up one .

No student another plus for us, we are used to playing in front of empty stands.

We are playing to finish with as good of a conference record as we can get to try to get into position to be invited to a postseason tournament.

Just like every other team right now.

Back