• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Mass shooting thread - Santa Fe High School 05/18/18

Yea, I can imagine some day if Dems ever gain controlling majority and WH they might pass some common sense gun control. Only to have Pubs react like it's armageddon--the guvmint commin' to take away yer guns howling bullshit. Then they gain power again only to dismantle the gun-control legislation.

Our politics is broke.

Even if the Dems get the house, senate and presidency in 2020, I don't think they'll be able to pass a serious gun control package - because as you said, our politics is broke - at least at the federal level. The next best solution might be if the feds left it to states and localities to deal with issues like gun control, health insurance and pot legalization. And let pot sellers use the banking system. And states could use the taxes on pot to help fund their health insurance systems.

Their motto translates to: I make free adults from children by means of books and a balance

They also offer these athletic opportunities: Croquet, Fencing, Crew, Sailing, Search and Rescue, and Bocce.
St. Johns College seems like it could be both awesome and terrible.

St. Johns College seems like it could be both awesome and terrible.

My limited understanding of its graduates is that they have a whole bunch of folks who go on to advanced degrees and another cohort who are the best educated Uber drivers in their respective hometowns.

saw a social media post indicating that the Santa Fe shooter (who has now been publicly identified) had known neo-Nazi views. Completely unverified at this point so taken with grain of salt.

MDMH’s biggest regret in life was being born too late to treat Vietnam veterans badly upon their return home.
A small part of me is glad that many of you are seemingly so sheltered from conservative legislation that it doesn't offend you. It's a real privilege for you all to blindly admire congressmen like children admire cops and firemen.

sounds like he got the shotgun and .38 from his dad- how's this for a common sense gun law:
if your guns are not secured and are used in a murder you will be charged as an accessory to homicide

A small part of me is glad that many of you are seemingly so sheltered from conservative legislation that it doesn't offend you. It's a real privilege for you all to blindly admire congressmen like children admire cops and firemen.

genocide by party affiliation is the only true way to bring reform, amirite

I think Gov. Abbott has finally found a solution....all schools should have one entrance #genius

The Gov. betrer hope there isn’t a fire. Also what’s stopping the shooter from killing the guard at the entrance and then having the entire school trapped in a gigantic kill box?

Back