• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MASSIVE FAIL--MTOW

Sorry, that article is no longer available.

Massive fail, indeed.

"What I write here ultimately won't matter. I don't expect it to. And given I'm not the athletics director at Wake Forest -- to which everyone who ever cared about the school can give great thanks -- it really shouldn't matter. It's Ron Wellman's job to hire and fire coaches.

If it were my call, I'd go as hard as I could after Shaka Smart and hope that the tenuous state of the Atlantic 10 might pry him away from VCU. The Piedmont Triad is loaded with some of the best developing talent in high school basketball, and a coach with the energy and resume of a Shaka Smart might convince enough of it to stay around home to have the Deacons back contending for an ACC title in a few seasons.

But it's not my call."

Worked for me. Anyone that criticized Dan for fence sitting can't after this.

I know Wake beat N.C. State and I know the Deacons beat Miami. I saw both games. So how does a team good enough to beat the Wolfpack and Hurricanes go 0-6 against Maryland, Georgia Tech and Clemson?How does that team get passed by BC and Georgia Tech in the standings?

This x 1,000...

Another way of assessing the season is to ask: Which ACC coach got less out of what he had this season?

If it were my call, I'd go as hard as I could after Shaka Smart and hope that the tenuous state of the Atlantic 10 might pry him away from VCU. The Piedmont Triad is loaded with some of the best developing talent in high school basketball, and a coach with the energy and resume of a Shaka Smart might convince enough of it to stay around home to have the Deacons back contending for an ACC title in a few seasons.

Wellman mafia are not going to be amused with this shit. Must suck balls to work in the ad office these days....

wow, that'll stir the pot in Winston -- is Dan now part of the lunatic fringe?

Damn. So much good stuff there. One of his best written pieces.

"I always cringe when I hear the good kid/bad kid argument. It's never that cut and dry. Some of the best people in the world do bad things from time to time and some of the worst do good things. I don't like making such moral judgments. We're all human."

"And for those who will be saddened, if not absolutely dashed by the news, I can't say I'll feel you pain. I'm not a fan, so I can't. But I'll understand it, and I'll try hard not to dimiss or forget it. What I don't plan to do is peddle the future of Wake Forest. I'll do that for two seasons, but not three. That is, however, what Wellman and [Redacted] will almost certainly do if what I'm hearing turns out to be true.
Because, like I wrote last night, what else do they have to sell?"

This should be tweeted to every journalist in the country.

Back