• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Massive Wreck on I-77 Easter Sunday

Yeah, I saw this online this morning. That's a pretty difficult stretch of road. Impossible if you can't see.

My folks were visiting this weekend. They live in Northwest North Carolina and take I-81 to I-77 then take exit 14 on 77 to Highway 58 and some more roads. They said they were in traffic for about an hour. VA State Police shut down 77 in both directions and were routing traffic off at exit 14.

I don't even like going down that stretch of road on a decently nice day because it feels like the wind is pushing the car. Hate going down that way if it is raining or the visibility it low. Kind of surprised these types of major pileups don't happen more often there.

I usually go about 90 down that stretch, I would definitely die if there was an accident in the way

Northbound is OK. Southbound going down the hill is a nightmare.

What is crazy about that section of road is the drastic change in visibility. I can be a clear day at the top and bottom of the pass, but there's a huge layer of fog in the middle, and it can change in an instant.

The best part of deacfan2010's day is crying himself to sleep. Go make a bleach milkshake. God bless you.

Reactions: DG3
he's the only poster i have on ignore... not that it's very effective, because people always quote his stuff and i see it anyway, but it's the thought that counts.

and really, slim? you don't think there's any reason people should be put off by that.
jlaw-nod.gif

It was a dick thing to say, but people say dick things here every day on basically every thread....because it has religious "humor" then it's worse?

That's stupid.

I don't think it's any different than the rest of the offensive shit posted here.

Can't quite tell from the description, but from what people are saying here, is that the downhill stretch on I-77 S where the mountain is on your right and there's a beautiful view (of Pilot Mountain, etc.) to your left for like 10 minutes?

Back