• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Massive Wreck on I-77 Easter Sunday

Can't quite tell from the description, but from what people are saying here, is that the downhill stretch on I-77 S where the mountain is on your right and there's a beautiful view (of Pilot Mountain, etc.) to your left for like 10 minutes?
That's the one. It's something like 3-4 miles of downhill.

Dear god people, the level of butthurt on the boards is reaching an all-time high on this thread.

not an all time high, but there certainly are a bunch of candyasses. neg rep for that throwaway line?

sensitive sallies

have to agree, the butthurt over that post is ridiculous. The inconsistency of the offense taken for posts around here is even more aggravating. Since when is Jesus off limits?

have to agree, the butthurt over that post is ridiculous. The inconsistency of the offense taken for posts around here is even more aggravating. Since when is Jesus off limits?

He's not. But the post wasn't really all that funny, was guaranteed to offend a large segment of the board, and was completely out of left field. You can get by with offending people if you're actually funny. At least that's what I think.

He's not. But the post wasn't really all that funny, was guaranteed to offend a large segment of the board, and was completely out of left field. You can get by with offending people if you're actually funny. At least that's what I think.

bloodied-on-cross.jpg

it's one thing for something to be a joke that's just not that funny; malicious trolling is not that.
off-color Jesus joke: "so much for 'Jesus, take the wheel!"
too far: what DF2010 does.

Let's compare your level of butthurt right now to the grief of the people that knew those that died in that accident, which btw is the subject of this thread.

If you can't understand why this is offensive to a Christian, on Easter Sunday of all days, then there is nothing else to say.

I live in SW Va. I drive that stretch to get to Winston or back to my folks in Holly Springs. It can be rough. Last weekend on the way home from Greensboro it was snowy and a mess. Agree with others. Surprised it doesn't happen more.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Last edited:
Let's compare your level of butthurt right now to the grief of the people that knew those that died in that accident, which btw is the subject of this thread.

mine is minimal because I know DF2010 is just an inflammatory poster; I'm just expressing surprise at other posters who are saying what he said 'isn't that bad.' Like york said, if you can't understand why that would be particularly offensive given the day it was said, the context, and the fact it was practically immediately after tsy posted a pretty grave thing, there's not really anything else to say.

My heart goes out to those who were affected. It's a terrible stretch of road, I've driven it countless times myself. It's always nerve-wracking, especially when there's any sort of bad weather.

Reactions: DG3
no one is saying it isn't offensive to Christians. I mean, that was the point. Humor is often offensive. Its the selective offense-taking that is being pointed out.

The selective piousness of the offended Christians is also noteworthy.

Last edited:
no one is saying it isn't offensive to Christians. I mean, that was the point. Humor is often offensive. Its the selective offense-taking that is being pointed out.

The selective piousness of the offended Christians is also noteworthy.

But do you actually think it was funny?

Back