• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Masters ticket lottery

I've heard through the grapevine (from folks who would know) that when things happen like Monday and Wednesday of this year... ANGC does everything they can to give priority to the folks who got screwed...

In other words, if you didn't get tickets for Monday or Wednesday of this year, the odds are almost nil of getting them next year.

I went on lottery tickets won by a friend on Monday last year and one of my co-workers had gotten Wednesday lottery tickets. Both entered the lottery again this year and neither won. I think if the course never opens, they try to do something for those lottery winner (I believe that happened a few years ago), but since the course technically opened for play both days last year, lottery winners from those days got no priority.

Neither I nor my dad got any. Anyone think it would be better to just pick one day to enter? Have only done it for three years but but wonder if trying for every day actually hurts somehow.

I have wondered this as well. I have also wondered if you have a better chance of getting 1 ticket (I know you probably don't want just 1) instead of requesting for the maximum allowed

Practice round. Fewer people, more relaxed. Same course.

Eh, I strongly disagree here. I'd much rather go for a competitive round. I think Friday is the perfect day. Not as crowded because it's not the weekend, there's a lot of drama as guys try to make the cut, plus the groups aren't sent off in order of score so the crowds don't collect around the last couple groups and prevent you watching your favorite players.

It's cool to see the course and experience the event in practice rounds, but you're still just watching dudes practice. I think practice rounds are the "I've been once or twice but want a low-key, easier visit this time" move.

That sounds reasonable. But for most, there's no "move." There is simply you win the lottery directly or via a friend and you take what you can get.

I got my annual NO but my buddy got 4 for Monday practice. psyched

Denied, again, for as many years as I can remember.

But I got a place to stay for an extra...lol.

Eh, I strongly disagree here. I'd much rather go for a competitive round. I think Friday is the perfect day. Not as crowded because it's not the weekend, there's a lot of drama as guys try to make the cut, plus the groups aren't sent off in order of score so the crowds don't collect around the last couple groups and prevent you watching your favorite players.

It's cool to see the course and experience the event in practice rounds, but you're still just watching dudes practice. I think practice rounds are the "I've been once or twice but want a low-key, easier visit this time" move.

I went Friday for the first time last year and I think I agree with this. While Sunday can be incredible (especially in 2012 and 2013 when we ended up in the first couple of rows for the second playoff hole and saw Bubba and Adam Scott win their first green jackets), Friday was definitely more relaxed and it was much easier to watch a bunch of great golf.

Rejected again this year. Which begs the question...
74897791.jpg

I went Friday for the first time last year and I think I agree with this. While Sunday can be incredible (especially in 2012 and 2013 when we ended up in the first couple of rows for the second playoff hole and saw Bubba and Adam Scott win their first green jackets), Friday was definitely more relaxed and it was much easier to watch a bunch of great golf.

I've gotten to go twice, once on Wednesday and once on Thursday. Both are awesome but I definitely prefer the competitive round. I just don't know if I'll be able to flip 4 practice rounds for 2 on Fri/Sat/Sun but we will see.

Back