• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Matthew Perry Dead at 54

Highland Deac

Reaction score
Matthew Perry, Chandler on Friends, is found dead at 54 in his home. According to early reports he apparently drowned in his jacuzzi. He had severe drug and alcohol issues for decades, but claimed in his bestselling tell-all memoir last year that he was now clean and sober.

Last edited:
Surprised he made it this long - RIP Chandler and condolences to Geller family.

Wow...this really hit me.

ALWAYS loved Matthew and Chandler/FRIENDS.

He just had an amazing comedic talent and had the perfect sarcastic delivery.

54 is too too too too young!

So terrible.

RIP Matthew

"What kind of scary-ass clowns came to your birthday parties?!?!"

There's actually an interesting discussion on Imgur surrounding the memes of his death. Half the crowd is saying it's insensitive and too soon, the other that true comedians would appreciate humor, even in death. I think I fall into the latter.

Attachments

• pJlUOXI.jpeg
    pJlUOXI.jpeg
    37.5 KB · Views: 93
There's actually an interesting discussion on Imgur surrounding the memes of his death. Half the crowd is saying it's insensitive and too soon, the other that true comedians would appreciate humor, even in death. I think I fall into the latter.
But he wasn’t a comedian. He was an actor

Sad to hear. He was always the funniest one on Friends. I enjoyed the show back when it was originally on, but I don't think it holds up today. Its humor isn't timeless like Seinfeld.

Back