• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Mattis Quits

WakeForestRanger

Reaction score

Seems like every Friday I ask myself how can next week get any worse.

Even if he did hire the best people, they all realize he's a lazy moron and they're tired of doing all the work just to have him screw it up.

Whoa! ..."we must also fulfill our constitutional duty to conduct oversight over the policies of the executive branch." is a hell of a statement from a Pub.

Game on

Whoa! ..."we must also fulfill our constitutional duty to conduct oversight over the policies of the executive branch." is a hell of a statement from a Pub.

Game on

lol

Yea, ok, Little Marco. I’m sure you’ll do something.

Game on

So what have you been doing the last 23 months, Little Marco?

Friend of mine used to do communications work for CentCom. This is her take.

8ea8d7af287609621a551ecc01b587f5.jpg

Last edited:
Trump is going to name Putin's lead general in Syria to replace Mattis.

Game on

I guarantee the game is not on.

Every single Republican who makes harsh statements about this resignation and military strategy, while all along placating and supporting the Trump administration is complicit and guilty of making the mess we have today.

Every single Republican who makes harsh statements about this resignation and military strategy, while all along placating and supporting the Trump administration is complicit and guilty of making the mess we have today.

This.

Even if he did hire the best people, they all realize he's a lazy moron and they're tired of doing all the work just to have him screw it up.

No one on the left blinked when Obama pulled out

Now everyone’s up in arms

Bring the boys back home

From BBC article

Analysis by Anthony Zurcher in Washington

Donald Trump may try to spin James Mattis' departure as a retirement after a lifetime of government service. It's not. This is a protest resignation, plain and simple.

The defence secretary's letter to the president - in which he offers full-throated support for a US network of alliances and calls for a policy of containment of authoritarian rivals - makes that perfectly clear.

The timing of this announcement, just a day after Mr Trump abruptly ordered the withdrawal of US troops from Syria and amid rumours of an Afghanistan pullout, should also dispel any doubt about stark policy differences between the two men.
Gen Mattis had positioned himself as one of the cooler heads throughout the president's term - considered by Democrats and Republicans alike as a "grown-up" in the room and a far cry from the "Mad Dog Mattis" nickname that so enamoured Mr Trump.

From his Pentagon office across the Potomac River from the White House, he managed to stay largely above the fray, frequently assuaging the concerns of US allies unnerved by some of the president's more intemperate statements.
Now that check on the president, one of the last few remaining, is heading out, suggesting turbulent waters ahead.

Back