• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Mavs Victory Parade

DDA

Reaction score
Anyone go? Did the 200,000 attendance prediction come true?

My dad works downtown in Thanksgiving Tower. Said he was going to watch it from the 48th floor. Haven't heard from him yet, but he called me on his way in this morning and said it was absolutely ridiculous. He said the sheer number of people/cars on the tollway and downtown was unbelievable.

Just got back; West End up through to the AAC was packed, I'm willing to buy the 250k estimate. Parade was pretty meh, and weren't many great places to view it that I saw. The set-up at the AAC and Victory Park was much better; lot of energy there, and pretty awesome when Dirk led the crowd in "We are the champions".

swish41 Dirk Nowitzki
Wow. That parade was insane. Best day of my life. Speechless. Mavs fans r the best in the world. Thanks everyone. We r the champions

Teaser showed Tyson Chandler making fun of LeBron "2, 3, we ain't gonn win 4, 5, maybe 6"

It's hilarious how Chandler and Stephenson are the ones talking trash. It makes no sense at all.

It's hilarious how Chandler and Stephenson are the ones talking trash. It makes no sense at all.

Haha why can Chandler not talk? Man played huge in the playoffs. Only game Stevenson can talk about is Game 6.

A more mature Dirk notwithstanding, if you had to point to one player who made the difference for the Mavs this year it would be Chandler.

Chandler OWNED the paint. Bosh prefered to stand outside and knock down jumpers. He can talk all night.

Stephenson was asked if he had anything else to say to LeBron and he said, "You saw my shirt!" Was kind of a family atmosphere at the AAC so he couldn't say much beyond that. Sounded like he was still drunk from his arrest.

Thankfully, I don't work downtown and didn't have to deal with even going down I-35 like I would had I had to go into the office today. My roomie works downtown though and said he was gonna go. Brought his high dollar camera too so hopefully he got a few good shots. I can't imagine how overbearingly hot it was down there though with all the people around. Thank God it was only about 90 when the parade started.

Tyson was definitely the difference this year. He and Matrix saved a lot of offensive possessions with their hustle on the boards.

Bosh is and was a pussy, but he's not a true center either. The Heat lacked a true center and it took TC a few games to figure that out. Anybody could've owned the paint in that scenario. To his credit, TC is loads better than any center Cuban has brought in in the past (Shawn Bradley and Dampier come to mind), but his value in the overall scheme of things is vastly overrated. In his best games, he is like a poor man's Dikembe Mutombo.

Tyson Chandler sucks balls.

[anchorman] And that is a scientific FACT! [/anchorman]

He ate up the offensive boards and scored on putbacks. I believe they won every game he was in double digits (though he only had 5 in game 6). He was worlds better than DeSagana Diop or Dampier.

On a side note, it was hilarious seeing Dampier sitting there on the Miami bench with a headband on. After the game, he tried to congratulate J Kidd and Kidd just didn't pay attention to him. He had to literally step in front of him. Very awkward and funny that it was on camera.

They can talk all they want. They just won the championship.

He ate up the offensive boards and scored on putbacks. I believe they won every game he was in double digits (though he only had 5 in game 6). He was worlds better than DeSagana Diop or Dampier.

On a side note, it was hilarious seeing Dampier sitting there on the Miami bench with a headband on. After the game, he tried to congratulate J Kidd and Kidd just didn't pay attention to him. He had to literally step in front of him. Very awkward and funny that it was on camera.

I heard that Dampier went out later and was seen partying with the Mavs.

Back