• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

May 21, 2011

Will the world end on May 21, 2011?

• Yes

Votes: 30 25.0%
  • No

Votes: 90 75.0%

• Total voters
I've got a t time in in the morning so if someone knows the precise time of the rapture, please let me know so I can get an early time if needed.

I assume that those using the Bible to determine the end of days missed the part where God said that nobody will know when that is supposed to happen. Does that mean that by guessing the day, it ensures it won't happen then?

"For all his learning, Camping makes a classic beginner's mistake when he sets a date for Christ's return," writes Kreuger. "Jesus himself said in Matthew 24:36, 'Of that day and hour knows no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my father only.'"[16] However, Camping and his followers respond that this principle only applied to the "church age" or "pre-tribulation period" and does not apply to the present day, citing other verses (such as 1 Thessalonians 5:1-5:5) in their rebuttal.[23]" -http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011_end_times_prediction

1 Thessalonians 5:1-5:5
1 Now, brothers and sisters, about times and dates we do not need to write to you, 2 for you know very well that the day of the Lord will come like a thief in the night. 3 While people are saying, “Peace and safety,” destruction will come on them suddenly, as labor pains on a pregnant woman, and they will not escape.

4 But you, brothers and sisters, are not in darkness so that this day should surprise you like a thief. 5 You are all children of the light and children of the day. We do not belong to the night or to the darkness.

169792.6045045.jpg

Westboro Baptist is coming to Savannah on Sunday, so maybe I'll get out of having to deal with them.

Looking forward to the zombie apocalypse tomorrow. Will definitely make sure I hit up the home depot tonight to board up my windows and doors.

I'm trying to think of a name for a party tonight. How about ArmegettinDrunk?

BUt seriously: Bad News, This may be the last Friday in history. Good News, That means no more "Friday" from Rebecca Black.

I can't imagine why anyone would waste money on this stuff.

What's so difficult to imagine. Not to say they're not off their rocker, but these people don't just think the world is going to end....they know the world is going to end just as well as you know the sun is going to come up tomorrow. I think as Christians they feel some obligation to spread the word....they have money and you can't take it with you so why not spend it all.
I'd love to get ahold of this organization's books and see exactly how they are spending their money and see if there is still a lot in the coffers. If they aren't completely empty or at least close to empty then someone should hang for defrauding people out of their lives (obviously these people are in trouble anyway because the world isn't going to end, but if Camping is sitting on a big pile of cash on Sunday then that looks really suspicious to me, whereas if they are broke or close to broke at least I wouldn't feel like he was trying to con people out of their money.....they were just crazy wrong)

Last edited:
errrreybody gettin laid tonight then! where are these people holed up so we can go party and get on them cult womens?!

i want to do this:

"Bart Centre, an atheist from New Hampshire, started Eternal Earth-bound Pets in 2009. He offers Rapture believers an insurance plan for those furry family members that won't join them in heaven: 10-year pet care contracts, with Centre and his network of fellow non-believers taking responsibility for the animals after the Rapture. The fee -- payable in advance, of course -- was originally $110, but has gone to $135 since Camping's prediction.
Centre says he has 258 clients under contract, and that business has picked up considerably this year. But he's not worried about a sales slump if May 21 happens to disappoint believers.
"They never lose their faith. They're never disappointed," he said. "It reinforces their faith, strangely enough."

Read more here

It will be 5/21 in New Zealand in less than 2 hours. They are so FUCKED.

What's so difficult to imagine. Not to say they're not off their rocker, but these people don't just think the world is going to end....they know the world is going to end just as well as you know the sun is going to come up tomorrow. I think as Christians they feel some obligation to spread the word....they have money and you can't take it with you so why not spend it all.
I'd love to get ahold of this organization's books and see exactly how they are spending their money and see if there is still a lot in the coffers. If they aren't completely empty or at least close to empty then someone should hang for defrauding people out of their lives (obviously these people are in trouble anyway because the world isn't going to end, but if Camping is sitting on a big pile of cash on Sunday then that looks really suspicious to me, whereas if they are broke or close to broke at least I wouldn't feel like he was trying to con people out of their money.....they were just crazy wrong)

I read this morning they reported to the IRS something in the neighborhood of $100 million dollars from donations, but I'm not sure that was this year.

Oh wait, is anybody here to read this, or did I miss the boat?

I guess God decided to spare the Aussies and Pacific Islanders so far. We'll still have to wait to see whether us Americans are doomed.

I guess God decided to spare the Aussies and Pacific Islanders so far. We'll still have to wait to see whether us Americans are doomed.

The truth is that I'm only going to save those faithful of the Westboro Baptist Church. They are the only ones brave enough to stand up for my ancient bigotry in the modern world!

Back