• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MBB Game 11: App State @ LJVM - Wednesday 7 pm - ACCN

Even if the coach is drawing something up, I think it would be extremely rare that it is something new and not something the team has practiced a lot. More likely the coach is going over a often practiced play just to focus the players.
I did many many practices for Coach Tacy during the Muggsy years (first year was Final 8 year), a lot of the Staak years and a bunch for Odom during the Timmy years. These guys spend countless hours practicing ‘end game’ situations for times just like this. All that said tho, the side line throw-in is the toughest and toss in the 1.3 sec left, would feel sure they had to adjust on the fly.
It worked to perfection obviously.

Could be relevant.

Would feel like he needs to get into the concept of team ball instead of me ball. Seems all about shooting 3’s and a hoop junkies buddy of mine has noticed he has no handles. Says you got to be able to handle the pill to play this game.

Why? He is insubordinate and at this point he is who he is. He's 22 and in his third year of college ball, fourth if you count the redshirt year. He also doesn't help us. He leads the team is percentage of shots when he's on the floor but shoots just 39% from the field which is awful for somebody who supposedly should play despite all their flaws because of their shooting ability. His shot selection is horrendous, he appears to yell at teammates quite often, and falls asleep on defense. It's not like we're sitting a guy who has been helping the team. Right now, we have a bit of a black hole on the wing with Bobi clearly not ready for significant ACC minutes, Monsanto not capable of functioning as a complete player and teammate, and Carr either in foul trouble, struggling, or helping out at the 5. That's the biggest weakness area of the roster.
Ever heard of the word brevity? Succinct?

It definitely looked like an assistant coach drew up the play and Forbes watched. Credit to Forbes for having an assistant who can draw up a good last second play though.
His offensive coordinator calls and draws up the plays. The young looking assistant.

I feel like opposing coaches are probably okay with Monsanto taking 3's 7 feet beyond the 3-point line early in the shot clock when only one other player has touched the ball.
Not if he’s hot.

Not if he’s hot.
That Georgia tech game was so cool! And the way he almost saved that program diarrhea diaper BC ACCT game!
Nobody is losing sleep game planning for an average chucker

Ever heard of the word brevity? Succinct?
No, I have never heard of the word brevity. Likewise, I have yet to come across the term succinct. I have undoubtedly a very limited vocabulary when considering the massive scope of the English language and its diverse array of dialects and jargon. ;)

I don't think, when you have the time to do it, you just say, 'hey just run end game play #2' and hope for the best. 1st these are kids/young adults that may or may not have absorbed it to that level. Add that Ty is out, how many times do they practice with him not in the mix? And I'm sure the game plan is not just jack up 3's even though we've done it this year and last year when we are dominating inside. And, with the game Carr had, they might have said 'we are running this play for Carr as the primary option.

Forbes has done a good job finding 'diamond in the rough' but he needs a full on diamond to push us top level in the conference and nationally.

I'm not going to credit a coach for refusing to play a healthy (physically at least, I don't want to speculate about mental health) player he's coached for 3 years. You either learn that a guy is "uncoachable" and cut ties after a season or 2, or you play him. You don't sit him entire games mid-season to make a point. Now if this was a disciplinary issue related to unacceptable behavior off the court, then that's a different scenario, but that's not seemingly what's being presented.
Forbes can do whatever the F he wants. He’s the head coach and you’re not.

Back