• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MBB Game 17: WF plays the most under-performing program - Duke Wed. 7 pm ACCN

Pretty much the worst possible me way to end the half. We are up, then tied then commit back to back TOs and they hit back to back 3s

Horrible end to the half after we took control in last 10 min

An 8-0 run in 54 seconds to end the half has to be at least somewhat on coaching. Would have much preferred a TO with 35 seconds to go (good chance we would have lost it anyways).

Horrible last minute, but this game is winnable. We didn't take advantage of Duke's scoring drought, and what's with the turnovers?

Jakes’s first two fouls were bullshit but he cannot commit that third

An 8-0 run in 54 seconds to end the half has to be at least somewhat on coaching. Would have much preferred a TO with 35 seconds to go (good chance we would have lost it anyways).

Was screaming to take a TO. Totally agree. That is one thing I’ve noticed so far with Forbes. Tenaciouskory disagrees because he’s an idiot, but…have to take a TO there

Williams with 11/6/2 on 5-10 shooting but 4 turnovers. Passes he can make vs VMI won’t work against Duke.

Very good defensive half by both teams. It will be interesting to see how both coaches adjust and if LaRavia has any impact. I think Forbes will stay big as much as possible.

Was screaming to take a TO. Totally agree. That is one thing I’ve noticed so far with Forbes. Tenaciouskory disagrees because he’s an idiot, but…have to take a TO there

lol what's your problem

Tough end to a decent half. Cut down the turnovers and continue to play defense. Deacs need for someone to hit three's.

Laravia needs to contribute for the team to win.

Duke scored 12 points in the first five minutes and eight points in the final minute. Deacs D held them to 15 points in 15 minutes. Need that for 20 minutes.

We gotta start hitting 3s to space the floor. We need Jake’s offense!

Williams with 11/6/2 on 5-10 shooting but 4 turnovers. Passes he can make vs VMI won’t work against Duke.

Very good defensive half by both teams. It will be interesting to see how both coaches adjust and if LaRavia has any impact. I think Forbes will stay big as much as possible.

Absolutely needs to stay big. Duke's whole offense has basically been trying to go iso.

On the whole that was a decent first half. Obviously a shit final minute but I saw enough of those two teams to know that either one could win this game.

I'll say the Deacs end up winning something like 72-68.

I'm seeing what I have not seen from a Wake team for over a decade: we block out.

Our defense is as good as theirs.

Right now the biggest difference between these two teams is shot selection. Duke has also shown a little better teamwork on offense.

We can beat these guys.

In Forbes we trust. Go Deacs!

Back