• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MBB Game 19: @ UNC - Monday 7pm - ESPN

We are much closer right now to having a COUPLE bad losses in games we need to win than we are to getting an upset win.

We are half an inch on Matthew Cleveland’s jumper from being 4-4 in conference and on life support.

I don’t need a break but thanks for using that one against me. I’m not not calm. People keep posting that we can just move forward and go to the tournament and I’m rationally responding trying to figure out how they think that happens.
easy by winning games

Sent from my SM-S711U using Tapatalk

I understand how the system works. But I also realize that it looks like everybody wil lose at UNC this year. Have to split with Duke and Pitt and win out. Hopefully pick up a win or two in the ACC tournament. That would put us at 23-8. Then we need 2 wins in the tournament. It just sux that we could not have Monsanto and Reid from the get go
Fair. You are def more optimistic than me, but I appreciate the response.

I don’t need a break but thanks for using that one against me. I’m not not calm. People keep posting that we can just move forward and go to the tournament and I’m rationally responding trying to figure out how they think that happens.
Win the home games. Win at GT, ND. That puts them at 13-7 and likely in 3rd place in ACC.
Win a game of @Pitt, @Uva, or @VT and then they are 14-6 and potentially in 2nd place. They dance in both scenarios.

We have eight days off for Forbes to figure out a new rotation with Monsanto (and Ituka) and for the guys to grow a fucking pair and figure out what they need to do to win road games. That’s all I got right now. The game @Pitt will be very telling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
We do lack toughness. Ok, Cam is tough playing with a broken wrist but 3M, Keller and Marsh are soft.

Boopie is small and Sallis is Skinny. We could us PJ Tucker, Jr. or James Johnson, Jr.

Win the home games. Win at GT, ND. That puts them at 13-7 and likely in 3rd place in ACC.
Win a game of @Pitt, @Uva, or @VT and then they are 14-6 and potentially in 2nd place. They dance in both scenarios.
That has us with zero Quad 1 wins, right? I’m not sure that does it, but again, appreciate that there are maybe paths I’m not seeing.

Copium is a helluva drug.

As a Bears fan I’ve become pretty numb to it after spending 3 years reading Internet Bears fans insist that nothing is Justin Fields’ fault and that he just needs “more weapons.” We fans can convince ourselves of anything if we believe it hard enough.

lol at the idea that if we go 10-2 the rest of the way that we would be on the bubble.

Sent from my SM-S711U using Tapatalk

That has us with zero Quad 1 wins, right? I’m not sure that does it, but again, appreciate that there are maybe paths I’m not seeing.

Feels a lot like the logic around the 2021-2022 team…we’ll definitely make it if we are 13-7 in the ACC! Then we didn’t.

Feels a lot like the logic around the 2021-2022 team…we’ll definitely make it if we are 13-7 in the ACC! Then we didn’t.

Forbes has said himself that we should have made the NCAAT @13-7 ACC. (The Committee was on crack.)

Think 12-8 is more likely, in which case I think probably need 1 if not 2 ACC tournament wins to feel decent.

We do lack toughness. Ok, Cam is tough playing with a broken wrist but 3M, Keller and Marsh are soft.

Boopie is small and Sallis is Skinny. We could us PJ Tucker, Jr. or James Johnson, Jr.
Except PJ Tucker never played at Wake despite being recruited by them and from NC….Anthony Tucker from DC did play for Odom though….

Forbes has said himself that we should have made the NCAAT @13-7 ACC. (The Committee was on crack.)
Weren’t we a two seed in the NIT and probably not even first four out? It’s just gotten incredibly difficult to make the tournament.

I miss having that strong power forward like James Johnson, Trelonie Owen's, Rodney, Alvis Rogers, Rod Griffith. Guy Morgan

I think if we finish 3rd in the conference, we get in. Right now, most likely competitors are NCSt, Clemson, FSU, some others. It can be done. Unfortunately, probably involves rooting for Duke and UNC in a bunch of games-they are getting in anyway, so it's probably best that they are 1 and 2. Probably at least have to hold seed in the ACC tourney as well.

Really sucks to get embarrassed at prime time, but the good news is that college basketball has gone downhill for a while, so the committee may not have been watching? Idk, i;m trying here.

Monsanto will need to be the leader of this team the rest of the way. He has the swag and the toughness that rubs off on the rest of the team. He needs to play as much as possible and touch the ball on every possession. I hope this small break will allow him to be up to 20+ minutes by the time we next take the court.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back