• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MBB: Game 2 - Western Carolina - Friday 7:30 ACCN+/ESPN+

JGRAY, my favorite all time deac. I was in middle school when he was playing, probably the heyday of my deac basketball fandom. I loved the guy and wanted to play exactly like him. He and CP3 being roomates was the coolest thing in the world to my young self. Hope he has lots of success.

Got a solid white with gold WF fitted lid from lids signed by Paul and Gray.

Will they be giving out free tickets to veterans like they have in the past?

Will they be giving out free tickets to veterans like they have in the past?

Certainly hope so, and thank you for your service if that is why you are asking. If not, luckily tickets are available through Stubhub for less than $5.

Certainly hope so, and thank you for your service if that is why you are asking. If not, luckily tickets are available through Stubhub for less than $5.

Yeah, I don’t mind getting $6 ticket on stubhub but I’d rather spend the money on a cookout tray after the game

Love, absolutely love JGray!! Two of my favorite JGray stories besides all of the highlights in his career. First, I was able to get into a Wake practice a little early with my boys (8 & 5) w/Coach Prosser. Justin and CP3 are warming up by themselves and asked my kids to come over and rebound for them. Little did they know that my kids were ball hogs and proceeded to not only rebound but started jacking their own shots all over the place. I ran over quickly to explain that they had to PASS the ball back to these guys. My relief was short-lived as my knuckleheads started passing it back to them behind their backs and trying no-look passes. Justin and Chris ran all over the gym retrieving the errant passes and took it all in stride while I pretended I didn't know them.

The other was the last time I saw Justin "play". It was at Ish Smith's charity event in the WS Annex. They had a 3-point contest and Justin hit almost twenty 3's in a row. I bet he could still go out and shoot 40%. : )

Excited to see him tomorrow night and hope they have a great season!

First half spread… -9.

That’s very tempting after the way the other night played out.

Nobody cares, but I ended up doing:

Wake Forest -16.5 - Full Game
Wake Forest -9 - First Half

I wagered twice my usual amount on Wake vs. W&M... Doing the same here, but cut it in half. Which is just a confusing way of saying that I put a normal-sized wager on each.

Frank Johnson. All American. In Wake Hall of Fame. First round draft pick. Hang it.

Nobody cares, but I ended up doing:

Wake Forest -16.5 - Full Game
Wake Forest -9 - First Half

I wagered twice my usual amount on Wake vs. W&M... Doing the same here, but cut it in half. Which is just a confusing way of saying that I put a normal-sized wager on each.

Think any wager on WF is a winner. WCU did beat BG as 9 point dog on Tuesday, but BG shot unbelievably poorly in that game (5 for 34 from three). WF really emphasizes ball pressure and WCU doesn't have a PG. Will be surprised if this game is not a blowout.

Think any wager on WF is a winner. WCU did beat BG as 9 point dog on Tuesday, but BG shot unbelievably poorly in that game (5 for 34 from three). WF really emphasizes ball pressure and WCU doesn't have a PG. Will be surprised if this game is not a blowout.

Justin Gray should know very well how difficult it is to succeed without a true point guard, given he was placed into that role in his senior year at Wake Forest and the team struggled mightily.

And that's not a knock on Justin.

I suspect yesterday's practice was brutal.

I suspect yesterday's practice was brutal.

I hope so. It was clear Forbes wasn’t happy we let our foot off the gas when we went up by 30. One thing I did like was I saw more emotion out of the first game from Forbes than i did in 10 years of redacted and manning.

I'm not sure how brutal the Thursday practice could have been considering we played on Wednesday night and have a game tonight. That's a relatively quick turnaround.

I'm sure Forbes had plenty to say, but I doubt he did anything to exhaust them physically.

Back