• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MBB: Game 2 - Western Carolina - Friday 7:30 ACCN+/ESPN+

Mucius is pressing.

Walton can’t possibly be this bad on offense.

Also need LaRavia to step it up on offense as a 3rd (or 2nd after Williams) scoring option. This team needs to be more balanced on offense to have success.

Not a great showing by any stretch but damn Williams has been really impressive. Daivien was great tonight as well.

While it’s not exciting to win these games, at least we aren’t losing them like in recent history or like other ACC teams currently.

Mucius is pressing.

Walton can’t possibly be this bad on offense.

Also need LaRavia to step it up on offense as a 3rd (or 2nd after Williams) scoring option. This team needs to be more balanced on offense to have success.

I think LaRavia is solid. Walton has not impressed. Need Marsh and some physical presence inside

Mucius, Whitt and Walton shooting 8 for 32 on the season against smaller and weaker opponents

Marsh could be the difference in 15 vs 20 wins. I'm very confident that he will outperform expectations once he's played a few games and gotten his feet underneath him.

Marsh could be the difference in 15 vs 20 wins. I'm very confident that he will outperform expectations once he's played a few games and gotten his feet underneath him.

When will he be playing? I have been so wrapped up in football and the Braves that I’ve missed a good bit of preseason talk.

It was Stan’s very first question

Forbes does not disappoint.

Forbes said he was listening to his '70's playlist today, so he decided to go disco for the game.said he'd definitely wear it again -- maybe when Coach K came.

It's good Forbes isn't attached to old school basketball. He's got a seven foot tall center who likes to hang out on the perimeter and attempt threes while his shooting guard puts up 31 points without making a three.

Not your traditional player roles.

Williams great (31). Williamson great (24). This is going to cause some of the lame announcers out there problems.

Hildreth with 13 on 4-6 shooting is not shabby, he looks like a competitor.

Of the guys we are counting on, Mucius and LaRavia are the least of our worries. Experienced Sr. that has done it against ACC comp and an accomplished player in a lesser league these guys are going to get theirs eventually.

We have 5 guys that should be able to put up double digits on a regular basis.

Considering only 3 of the guys that played tonight played together last year, not a terrible effort.

It was a win.

Williams is impressive. He has been very efficient and is getting his points within the offense. His pull up jumper is rarely seen anymore and should be available on demand.

Williamson looks improved. The extra weight and strength has helped.

Hildreth will get minutes. Works on D. Compliments on offense and scores efficiently. Tip of the iceberg.

Laravia is a good defender. Letting the offense come to him so far. Look forward to seeing him assert himself.

Sy has been better than Walton. I think Walton gets better against tougher competition. Chasing after smaller, quicker post players isn't his strength.

Mucius is pressing. Needs to focus on D, rebounding and garbage buckets from offensive boards. Let the offense come to him. Think Jamal Levy. This team will need that type of leadership.

Just ran into Justin in Greenville as they play the Pirates tomorrow at 4. He was very nice and complimentary of Forbes and the Deacs. Also, made a comment about the football team and big game tonight. Asked me if I wanted to come see his team tomorrow, which I may take him up on that! 😁

It was a win.

Williams is impressive. He has been very efficient and is getting his points within the offense. His pull up jumper is rarely seen anymore and should be available on demand.

Williamson looks improved. The extra weight and strength has helped.

Hildreth will get minutes. Works on D. Compliments on offense and scores efficiently. Tip of the iceberg.

Laravia is a good defender. Letting the offense come to him so far. Look forward to seeing him assert himself.

Sy has been better than Walton. I think Walton gets better against tougher competition. Chasing after smaller, quicker post players isn't his strength.

Mucius is pressing. Needs to focus on D, rebounding and garbage buckets from offensive boards. Let the offense come to him. Think Jamal Levy. This team will need that type of leadership.

Laravia has great anticipation on D. He has several steals and knocked away several balls that ended up leading to turnovers. Also he can make entry passes to the post, something we literally haven’t had in a decade.

Williams great (31). Williamson great (24). This is going to cause some of the lame announcers out there problems.

Hildreth with 13 on 4-6 shooting is not shabby, he looks like a competitor.

Of the guys we are counting on, Mucius and LaRavia are the least of our worries. Experienced Sr. that has done it against ACC comp and an accomplished player in a lesser league these guys are going to get theirs eventually.

We have 5 guys that should be able to put up double digits on a regular basis.

Considering only 3 of the guys that played tonight played together last year, not a terrible effort.

Hildreth is exactly what we expected so far. Crafty scorer, physical, not afraid to mix it up. Professional experience for sure paying off. He does not look like a freshman at all. Going to be a good one.

Agree on the balance of the team. We have plenty of guys who can get theirs and seem to be moving the ball well.

Hey Mucius - WE DON’T WANT YOU TRYING TO SCORE WITH YOUR BACK TO THE BASKET. Only shoot within the flow of the offense please!

Just ran into Justin in Greenville as they play the Pirates tomorrow at 4. He was very nice and complimentary of Forbes and the Deacs. Also, made a comment about the football team and big game tonight. Asked me if I wanted to come see his team tomorrow, which I may take him up on that! 😁

I've never cared about WCU basketball, until now. Go Justin and the 'Cats!

Back