• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MBB Game 20: UNC-Ch - Saturday 8 pm - ACCN

As in: What we need now is a Monsanto minute! Or: That was a Monsanto minute if I ever saw one!

That's exactly what the Carolina posters were saying. That HD was saying how talented this team was in the early season and that it had the talent to go to the final four and win it all and now he's saying the opposite.

Having a bunch of top 50-top 75 players is nice, but ultimately there are only 10 or 15 elite players in a recruiting class who are NBA ready players that can carry a college team. Carolina doesn’t have any of those guys on their roster. Bacot is good, but he’s not enough to carry that team.
Compare him to man-man - Alondes takes over games when he chooses to, Bacot can’t do that.

Bacot isn’t close to as good as Collins was. The difference is he wears a blue jersey so there is infinitely more hype.

I looked this up after hearing huebert whine and UNC has a roster full of 4 star guys and a couple of 5 stars guys

I suspect he’s talking about how they’re playing now…maybe trying to challenge them…something like “your recruiting stars and past successes don’t win games today, you’ve got to prove yourselves NOW”…or something along those lines….?

Could backfire…otoh, they probably couldn’t look a lot worse than lately.

Seems like, however, the kind of thing you’d tend as a coach to say to your players rather than the media…?

I think this is what we should call it officially

The talent talk only comes up when Carolina isn't beating the brakes off everyone. Was there "talent" talk earlier in the year about Carolina? Those 4 and 5 star kids got their asses beat plain and simple.

Wow. Pretty much the opposite of the WFU team situation. Now I understand why Louisville's season has fallen off a cliff

So what's the back story? Besides the NCAA issues looming, how has Mack completely lost his team?v Were they all Dino fans?

Man I am still on a high after yesterday

its been a long time since I have walked around in my day to day life and had family or friends comment (positively) on Wake basketball. And I think that is some of what Wellman, Buzzdick, Manning, etc never understood. People take notice of Wake basketball and people know our history. And a good Wake basketball team doesn’t just sell tickets, but brings in students to the school and puts eyes on WFU

So what's the back story? Besides the NCAA issues looming, how has Mack completely lost his team?v Were they all Dino fans?

Mack has lost the team. Williams is a team leader and this isn’t the first time it’s been obvious there’s discord.

Mack has lost the team. Williams is a team leader and this isn’t the first time it’s been obvious there’s discord.

Didn't realize there was stuff going on over there. Good. Fuck 'em.

I feel bad for all the fans that weren’t there on Sat night. What an electric atmosphere. My daughter just looked at me after the game and asked whether all of the games were like that. Of course I told her yes.

An amazing night. Forbes was getting the crowd fired up too. Glad I decided to make the trip.

Man I am still on a high after yesterday

its been a long time since I have walked around in my day to day life and had family or friends comment (positively) on Wake basketball. And I think that is some of what Wellman, Buzzdick, Manning, etc never understood. People take notice of Wake basketball and people know our history. And a good Wake basketball team doesn’t just sell tickets, but brings in students to the school and puts eyes on WFU

Well said.

Back