• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MBB Game 21: BC @ LJVM - Monday 6 pm ACCN

Just like our football team, this team is fun to watch. I thoroughly enjoy watching both.

As an alum, that's really all I can ask. Currie has brought "fun" back to Wake Forest after 10+ years of hell.

Few thoughts on tonight:
- BC is awful. Not sure how they beat Notre Dame, Virginia Tech, and Clemson but that is a stain on the ACC for sure.
- Seems like Earl Grant can coach. They ran some good stuff and got some open looks, the players just stink.
- Giving up offensive rebounds was an issue again, as it was against UNC, and that will need to be worked on.
- Sloppy at times in the first half, but they really couldn't guard our guys, specifically Man Man, Jake, and Daivien
- Carter is slow and his handles in traffic aren't great (247 and Rivals saying his handles were good two years ago doesn't mean they actually are), but he definitely does have good passing ability and court vision. Happy that he finally saw a three fall and hope he can start to hit open shots when they come.
- Press break, more specifically inbounding the ball against the press, can use a little work
- Even in what was for long periods an ugly game, less than 48 hours after an emotional victory, Wake got it done in fashion
- Disappointing crowd even for 6pm tip. Not just size but total lack of energy. Nearly three weeks until our next attractive home game so hopefully enthusiasm doesn't wane.

Just going to echo how awesome it feels to love the Deacs right now. Currie is a miracle worker.

Boston College shoots 25% from the field and 24% from three. That's defense and defense wins games.

I think a 6 pm start with a rescheduled game made it tough for some of us. I had a ticket but couldn’t get away work in time.

The diehard Deacons I sat with almost missed the game since it was a reschedule. That fact and the 6:00pm start was hard. I had to leave work early and still arrived late.

I do. It's an issue when we have two athletic guys that tall who routinely get beat out on the defensive boards. It is a glaring issue that will cause issues against better teams.

Forbes addressed this in the postgame:

He has no issues with Walton... Said he boxes out very well, but it is the wings/guards that are relying on athleticism instead of getting solid position and grabbing the ball with two hands.
Also rightfully pointed out that UNC & BC rely on offensive rebounds as part of their offense... It is what they do. Everyone crashes the boards. And there are also going to be a lot more chances for offensive rebounds when you are shooting between 15-30% from the floor.
Bottom line was that Forbes doesn't seem overly worried about it aside from cleaning up some of the correctable stuff (being tougher with the ball and grabbing it with two hands).

Tough to really complain about it after two decisive victories. If Forbes isn't worried about it, then neither am I.

love this team so much. was really interested in last couple of minutes seeing the freshmen out there. Marsh has really good hands- a lot of developing 7 footers never catch that behind the back pass from Whitt but Marsh caught it easily and then took two steps and dunked. I freakin' love to see a big guy do that. Also, McCray just looks like he has some offensive game- I think he is going to be a good one. Finally, so happy for Whitt for one of his 3's to go finally do down - I've been critical of him this year but last night was a good night for him and hope it gives him some confidence.

If last night was how this team handles trap games I'll take it.

Anybody else notice that play where Alondes flung a pass with his left hand and hit the BC player right in the face?

I rewound that and watched it a handful of times. Poor guy took it right in the chops around the top of the key and the ball bounced all the way into the back court.

Anybody else notice that play where Alondes flung a pass with his left hand and hit the BC player right in the face?

I rewound that and watched it a handful of times. Poor guy took it right in the chops around the top of the key and the ball bounced all the way into the back court.

Those are darts, too. Ouch.

This was, in theory, a trap game. But since BC played at home, had a good win over VT, had to travel for a quick turn around, it would have been shocking to see BC play well.

Kind of like when we went to MD, I believe in JoHo's sr year and the scheduled game was snowed out and we had to hang around to play the game.

Whitt with some great ballhandling and a beautiful behind the back pass to Marsh in transition.

That said, bad BC targeted Whitt almost every possession - went right at him.

Like Hildreth's strength and size defensively, and Taylor AND McCray look long and very quick. Wow.

Whitt with some great ballhandling and a beautiful behind the back pass to Marsh in transition.

Like Hildreth's strength and size defensively, and Taylor AND McCray look long and very quick. Wow.

His ball handling, particularly in traffic, is not good. When he tries to drive it's usually not only his lack of speed but his inability to control the ball that faces him to pick up his dribble, pivot, and pass out of it, or turn it over.

He’s just not an ACC PG. He’s been getting attacked by everyone in ACC play and still can’t adjust. Can’t shoot, can’t play defense, can’t handle the ball in traffic. I suspect he transfers after next year.

He’s just not an ACC PG. He’s been getting attacked by everyone in ACC play and still can’t adjust. Can’t shoot, can’t play defense, can’t handle the ball in traffic. I suspect he transfers after next year.

You have to be trolling at this point. Just admit you don't watch Whitt when he's on the floor.

Back