• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MBB Game 21: BC @ LJVM - Monday 6 pm ACCN

He’s just not an ACC PG. He’s been getting attacked by everyone in ACC play and still can’t adjust. Can’t shoot, can’t play defense, can’t handle the ball in traffic. I suspect he transfers after next year.

Somehow all these astute observations have totally eluded Steve Forbes and all of his staff. Even with about 40 games of film and at least 100 practices they can't see any of this and continue to play him critical minutes in ACC games. It's incomprehensible. Maybe the whole staff needs to see an ophthalmologist so they can see what you're seeing.

I hope that Whitt realizes that some (hopefully most) of us like him. I honestly don't understand the utility of dragging a freshman point like some of y'all are going after Carter Whitt.

I’ve been a big fan of Whitt for a while. Team clearly loves him too. They went nuts for his pass to Marsh.

Don’t get the dragging on players when we are having a season like this.

Forbes addressed this in the postgame:

He has no issues with Walton... Said he boxes out very well, but it is the wings/guards that are relying on athleticism instead of getting solid position and grabbing the ball with two hands.
Also rightfully pointed out that UNC & BC rely on offensive rebounds as part of their offense... It is what they do. Everyone crashes the boards. And there are also going to be a lot more chances for offensive rebounds when you are shooting between 15-30% from the floor.
Bottom line was that Forbes doesn't seem overly worried about it aside from cleaning up some of the correctable stuff (being tougher with the ball and grabbing it with two hands).

Tough to really complain about it after two decisive victories. If Forbes isn't worried about it, then neither am I.
Eh, I'm not sure I'd 100% assume he's not worried about it because of that he said in the postgame. The coaching staff was clearly worried about it during the UNC game, taking time at a few timeouts to specifically coach Walton (and maybe Sy) on it. Walton had trouble boxing out Bacot.

Yep Carter has played an entire year of College ball, clearly some of the experts know it all now.

- Ish Smith - not a ACC player
- Josh Howard (as a soph) - team cancer

The message board is a very accurate judge of talent.

Yep Carter has played an entire year of College ball, clearly some of the experts know it all now.

- Ish Smith - not a ACC player
- Josh Howard (as a soph) - team cancer

The message board is a very accurate judge of talent.

Not sure there is reason to be critical of any member of this team. They play really hard and Forbes has trust in the guys that he plays obviously. Trust the coach.
All of the players are totally into the team which makes it such a special season. All the post game interviews are a pleasure to listen to. Forbes is great and the players he sends out are just all quality kids. Including when he sent out all the reserves for the post game interview. What coach does this? Ours thank god. Support all the team it is a special season

Eh, I'm not sure I'd 100% assume he's not worried about it because of that he said in the postgame. The coaching staff was clearly worried about it during the UNC game, taking time at a few timeouts to specifically coach Walton (and maybe Sy) on it. Walton had trouble boxing out Bacot.

I mean, of course you want to rebound better and keep teams from second chance points.

But if you listen to the answer to this exact question, I think it's pretty black and white. It's not a "Walton isn't boxing out" issue.

I've even queued it up to the exact question and answer (starts at 5:30):

Walton's defense against opposing centers is effective, hard nosed and persistent. Nothing goes unchallenged. In addition, he plays good help defense and protects the rim. He is the anchor to an improving defense that leads the ACC in defensive field goal percentage. Deny the basket and block out for the rebound. That's why Forbes compliments him. He wants every shot challenged. He expects the wings to provide help on the boards.

I know Carter needs to work on some things but damn the kid has some skill. I think he will be fine.

I didn’t realize Sexual Chocolate himself was a Wake fan.

The starters absolutely mobbed Carter when he got to the bench at the end. Chest bumps, rubbing that mop of hair. Was sitting 8 rows behind the bench and friend got a short video clip but I can’t get it to load.

I didn’t realize Sexual Chocolate himself was a Wake fan.

Jackson Heights own. Ladies and Gentlemen, put yo hands together for Mr. Randy Watson.

"I believe in the Point Guard of the future"

I mean, could that pass from Whitt to Marsh have been any better? A glimpse of the future.
That pass was delivered in the right place so all Marsh had to do was bring the ball up over his head and dunk it. I don't think the one BC defender knew where the ball had gone once he didn't see Carter dribbling it.

I hope that Whitt realizes that some (hopefully most) of us like him. I honestly don't understand the utility of dragging a freshman point like some of y'all are going after Carter Whitt.

Some people just want to watch the world burn. Apolitically of course.

That pass was delivered in the right place so all Marsh had to do was bring the ball up over his head and dunk it. I don't think the one BC defender knew where the ball had gone once he didn't see Carter dribbling it.

Disagree slightly. The defender takes a swipe at the ball and Marsh makes a subtle move to avoid it before the dunk. If Marsh is coachable (no reason to think he isn't) he has a real opportunity to be very good.

Back