• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MBB Game 22: WF Heads North To the Dome: Saturday 8 pm ACCN

Complaining about a walk-on getting his at the buzzer is weak, y'all.

Yea. Someone with a nut sack. Jake backing out deserves major shit.

I only watched the last 10 minutes, but yes. Every time Jake got the ball at the foul line he immediately backed out. That is not the way the plan is supposed to work.

I mean, it's tough. Alondes and Jake are our guys, for better or worse. They're our 1 and 2 options, and we just didn't get anything from them. I don't know what you expect Forbes to do.

Daivien really stepped up to the plate and Monsanto was cooking, but it's hard to get anything done when we're getting nothing from our stars, literally handing them the ball on every possession while they're shooting 72% from the field, and not even attempting to play any defense.

If Daivien and Monsanto didn't make shots, then we would have lost that game by 40.

Alondes got hit in the mouth. Wake did not respond well.

Seriously. You guys really care about some walk-ons just playing the last minute out? Who cares.
It’s like the worst default Wake fan rallying cry outside of “safety school.” Other team isn’t “classy” enough.

Jake and Man Man were MIA tonight. :(

Yeah, the zone really shut them down. Williams just didn’t look like the aggressive Manman tonight. As forJake, hard to get buckets inside against the zone.

I only watched the last 10 minutes, but yes. Every time Jake got the ball at the foul line he immediately backed out. That is not the way the plan is supposed to work.

It seems like LaRavia was supposed to find an open shooter to work the ball around to find an open shot, back someone down like he did against UNC, or turn and shoot. He rarely did any of those. Most likely the pass got tipped, LaRavia passed it back, or he backed it out.

Part of the problem was that Forbes never got out of it. There was no backup plan at all. We approached the zone the same way every possession.

It’s like the worst default Wake fan rallying cry outside of “safety school.” Other team isn’t “classy” enough.

maybe I just wish Wake would do it. Like if Hartman had been allowed to get another TD to tie a record.

Turnover margin was nuts: 17 for Wake, 5 for Syracuse.

Weirdly, Jake actually had the best A:TO on the team at 5:1, but Alondes posted a 4:6, Monsanto a 0:3, and Mucius a 0:2. Mucius is particularly pathetic, imo, because he also shot 2/8 (all 3FGs) and only grabbed 3 boards.

Nothing from Sy (more fouls and turnovers than shot attempts or rebounds) again

Just one you want to forget, but definitely one that exposes a lot of what our offense has covered for over the last few

Of course we gave up 94 fucking points (granted some off of turnovers) but our offensive execution doesn’t seem the primary reason we lost.

Back