• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MBB Game 22: WF Heads North To the Dome: Saturday 8 pm ACCN

C’mon guys; Cuse shot 57% and 53% from 3. We played like shit with 16 turn overs but
you’re not going to lose many games when you’re shooting that well.

C’mon guys; Cuse shot 57% and 53% from 3. We played like shit with 16 turn overs but
you’re not going to lose many games when you’re shooting that well.

and you don't shoot that well unless you're getting the shots you want

It’s like the worst default Wake fan rallying cry outside of “safety school.” Other team isn’t “classy” enough.

So... our fans are soft then get surprised by the occasional soft performance?

Did the walk on at least hit the last second 3? If so, good for him.

maybe I just wish Wake would do it. Like if Hartman had been allowed to get another TD to tie a record.

We did several games ago against USC Upstate on a put back layup by one of the walkons. It made Sportscenter's Bad Beats because it covered the spread.

Turnover margin was nuts: 17 for Wake, 5 for Syracuse.

Weirdly, Jake actually had the best A:TO on the team at 5:1, but Alondes posted a 4:6, Monsanto a 0:3, and Mucius a 0:2. Mucius is particularly pathetic, imo, because he also shot 2/8 (all 3FGs) and only grabbed 3 boards.

Nothing from Sy (more fouls and turnovers than shot attempts or rebounds) again

Just one you want to forget, but definitely one that exposes a lot of what our offense has covered for over the last few
I've watched a limited amount of minutes but Sy is #20, right?

Yeesh, he shouldn't be getting much run. What does he even supposedly do well?

I've watched a limited amount of minutes but Sy is #20, right?

Yeesh, he shouldn't be getting much run. What does he even supposedly do well?

Sy and Mucius are two dudes who absolutely kill us if they can't get going

Agreed, but the point remains. Cuse had a 12 minute run where everything they threw up went in. Hard to beat.

yea there was a moment somewhere in the 2nd where i think i heard they were shooting almost 70% from the field

regression to the mean cuts both ways, i suppose

I have a bad feeling that Syracuse shoots the lights out and we aren't quite able to get over the hump in a frustrating game.

If I'm being honest, we should have lost that first game. We made a number of poor plays down the stretch and I never saw a replay of that crucial turnover where it looked like Boeheim touched the ball. But a win is a win and I am glad it worked out in our favor.

I might just be trying to dampen my enthusiasm with all of this negative talk. Hope we continue to play tough defense and beat the piss out of the Orange (who I can't stand).

ding ding ding, the winner pre-game post.

We got 0 points from guards not named Williams in the first game. Having Williamson and Monsanto available for this one will make a difference.

Agree about Williamson and Monsanto... If either/both of them are on target from 3, that should be a HUGE help. Monsanto clearly not shy.

We're going to kick the shit out of Syracuse.

feels like ManMan and Laravia are perfect high post zone busters

I’m sure an opponent will humble me soon, but currently feel none of these wack ass teams (minus Duke) can beat Wake.

This is a different Wake Forest team than the dumpster fire we've experienced in the past decade of UwA. Typically, this would seem like a very difficult game and I would temper my expectations. But this isn't redacted or a dumb mannequin and the players on this team are not their players either. So...

IN FORBES I TRUST! Now go grind the orange into juice.
Go Deacs!

This is the season they are taking care of “old business”. Win @ UVA? Check. Win in ATL? Check. The big air conditioner is about to be shut down!

fair - but this particular Syracuse team's defensive efficiency is by far the worst for Syracuse since KP began tracking in 1997.

Over that time, their defense has been ranked outside the top 100 twice (2017 and 2020, both in the top 120). This year their defense ranks #220.

We're going to skullfuck these stupid yankees.

Humbled

Not quite able to get over the hump >= get humped. Point stands though.

Back