• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MBB Game 22: WF Heads North To the Dome: Saturday 8 pm ACCN

Are we honestly shaming people for having confidence after two blowout wins? Over a shit team who is still a shit team, despite us playing much shittier tonight?

The folks who come to game threads after painful losses and “I told you so” at earlier happy posts from fans enjoying the team…I just dunno about those folks

Well, it's really others told you so. Primarily what I said is that going to carrier dome is not a normal basketball stadium that some players don't shoot well in.

I thought we should and would win this game but never thought we would just romp over them on the road.

It’s college basketball, do you think any of these fans you “warned” are unaware that you can get pounded at any time? Everyone feels like crap after that game, but still thanks for the advice on enjoying the team without the appropriate lowf in pocket.

Are we honestly shaming people for having confidence after two blowout wins? Over a shit team who is still a shit team, despite us playing much shittier tonight?

Team didn't leave much else to do. I know we should just blame Whitt.

in our guys defense (barely), we're not getting any calls on contact in the post. we only get a call on second contact if we get the offensive rebound.

i get why we're playing so soft around the rim, but that's more of a reason to kick it out

Yeah, exactly. Somebody step and yell at the refs. At least get your money’s worth on the fouls you’re getting call for and defend the rim !

Go to the rim hard ! Yell on the offensive side !!!!

Team didn't leave much else to do. I know we should just blame Whitt.

I really don’t think anyone blames this loss on Whitt. That said, the obsessive urge to defend him against a bad word is kind of baffling to me. He didn’t lose this game. He barely played. When he did, it wasn’t good. He has a lot to work on/learn. Some of you see something in him that I don’t. Hopefully I’m not smart enough to see it and you can all call me and others out in the future. I’ll be thrilled.

Haven’t read the game thread and watched the game on a 2 hour delay, but we played like absolute shit on defense (especially in the 2nd half).

And our offense was pretty piss poor for having an entire week to prepare for the zone.

I agree with Forbes in the postgame when he basically said he expected other teams to zone us the rest of the season. We have all of the tools to be very good against the zone, but that was terrible. And Syracuse sucks on defense.

Embarrassing, but not unexpected. We’re still 0-fer the Carrier Dome.

I expect us to beat Pitt by 30, but this was a bad loss if you’re expecting this team to be a factor in March.

I really don’t think anyone blames this loss on Whitt. That said, the obsessive urge to defend him against a bad word is kind of baffling to me. He didn’t lose this game. He barely played. When he did, it wasn’t good. He has a lot to work on/learn. Some of you see something in him that I don’t. Hopefully I’m not smart enough to see it and you can all call me and others out in the future. I’ll be thrilled.

I only defend him because the posts criticizing him are so deranged. Like you point out, he barely played and, like I pointed out, what folks are blaming him for literally was the fault of other players. In a game where our whole team got worked on D, it’s weird to focus on Carter (who wasn’t even that bad - Girard hit some ridiculous shots in that sequence).

It’s like some folks in our fanbase get off on ragging on a freshman point guard. It’s weird.

Carter played 4 mins first half with an assist, gave up a bank 3 by Gerard, a muscle job where he should have had help and a fall away bank shot. His 5 mins in the second half had no bearing on our asswhipping. Plenty of guys to share that tonight except 1.

I only defend him because the posts criticizing him are so deranged. Like you point out, he barely played and, like I pointed out, what folks are blaming him for literally was the fault of other players. In a game where our whole team got worked on D, it’s weird to focus on Carter (who wasn’t even that bad - Girard hit some ridiculous shots in that sequence).

It’s like some folks in our fanbase get off on ragging on a freshman point guard. It’s weird.

For the deranged.... https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/player/_/id/4711679/carter-whitt

might i direct you to the box score or, idk, the game tape

lots to dislike about tonight's game. let's focus on those things instead of a freshman point guard. what do you say, TheAbster?

I'm not the one calling people deranged for having salient points of disagreement. Since you're asking me a question, my recommendation is that you sleep it off.

I actually said to someone tonight during the UK/KU game…

“I’m sure you think I’m crazy, but I don’t see any reason why Wake couldn’t play with either of these teams.”

Yup, I’m a fucking moron.

I'm not the one calling people deranged for having salient points of disagreement. Since you're asking me a question, my recommendation is that you sleep it off.

what would you call a barrage of posts on a game thread ragging on Carter Whitt (and literally only about Carter Whitt) who played 9 minutes in a 22 point loss?

i call people deranged who focus so narrowly on a freshman point guard that this is literally the only thing that they can post about no matter if we're winning games by 30 or losing by 20

this is the first time we've been even remotely good during this board's lifespan, but this particular brand of derangement seems relatively new

agree that the Whitt criticism that was especially prominent in the beginning of the season was out-of-proportion and undeserved

I don't like his game but the dude is young as hell and has room to grow but he can still distribute and play D well enough to see the court when necessary

I dunno

It is not his fault someone said he should get more minutes than Williamson.

especially if somebody actually said that !

ETA: though, i'll definitely cop to the Forbes's Wilbekin comment. I did say that and I'm pretty glad to be wrong.

Back