• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MBB Game 22: WF Heads North To the Dome: Saturday 8 pm ACCN

Agreed. Carter getting dogged on is unjustified, particularly when other players on the team make significant mistakes regularly that need to be addressed. Carter's shooting percentages are horrific and he needs to work on that, but he has provided hustle, defense and some good passing and composure in key games this year. This is a team largely built of portal transfers who were not even viewed to be amongst the best available -- we should keep our expectations in check and be happy to at least have a solid shot at the tourney this year.

Whitt is not the reason we won or lost a single game this year. He's a non factor. I think people are frustrated because he was a pretty heralded recruit and has played over a year's worth of ACC basketball.

We lost this game because our two best players played poorly.

How many times was the ball thrown to LaRavia at the free throw line just for him to turn and dribble out to the top of the key? That is as passive a move as I have seen. It happened repeatedly. It applied no pressure to the zone. This needs to be addressed. I have faith that Forbes will do so.

The idea is that a big then has to follow him out to the three point line, but that's not what happen because Cuse communicated well and just switched coverage to a guard.

The idea is that a big then has to follow him out to the three point line, but that's not what happen because Cuse communicated well and just switched coverage to a guard.

It just seems like we didn't adjust so it just became 5-10 secs of wasted shot clock each time without gaining an advantage.

Deacs showed no real creativity in defeating the zone and were sloppy to boot

second half was not a lot of fun for me

Agreed. Carter getting dogged on is unjustified, particularly when other players on the team make significant mistakes regularly that need to be addressed. Carter's shooting percentages are horrific and he needs to work on that, but he has provided hustle, defense and some good passing and composure in key games this year.

This is a team largely built of portal transfers who were not even viewed to be amongst the best available -- we should keep our expectations in check and be happy to at least have a solid shot at the tourney this year.

Delaney Rudd from Holister, NC was absolutely a turnover machine as a freshman and basically Tacy stopped using him. By his Sr. year he was a strong contributing starter. I think he helped us "Retire Myer" in beating a higher seeded DePaul to make it as far as we had since the 60s Final Four, IIRC.

Delaney Rudd from Holister, NC was absolutely a turnover machine as a freshman and basically Tacy stopped using him. By his Sr. year he was a strong contributing starter. I think he helped us "Retire Myer" in beating a higher seeded DePaul to make it as far as we had since the 60s Final Four, IIRC.

He hit the shot that sent it to overtime, which led to Danny Young's game winning layup.

Rudd was a super athlete. Even as a freshman his defense was outstanding. Can't say that about Carter.

Nevertheless, let's just be patient with him.

Rudd was a super athlete. Even as a freshman his defense was outstanding. Can't say that about Carter.

Nevertheless, let's just be patient with him.

Robert McCray could possibly develop into another Rudd, but not Whitt. An the hair has to go. It only works if you can play. Whitt has good size, great handles and good vision/passing ability. Must get stronger and quicker and work hard on his outside shooting. His shot isn’t broken like CMM do it should be easy to fix in the off season.

I thought the same thing last night but Forbes specifically talked about that being what they wanted to do in his press conference to then allow pass pass to an open man

Forbes is not perfect. His weakness, imo, is in game live adjustments. He basically took LaRavia out of the offense. Jake drives a few times and Edwards and their next big foul out. If the game plan isn’t working you have to adjust.

Forbes is not perfect. His weakness, imo, is in game live adjustments. He basically took LaRavia out of the offense. Jake drives a few times and Edwards and their next big foul out. If the game plan isn’t working you have to adjust.

I think Walton tried once or twice. However, LaRavia has better handles and should be able to do it better.

Robert McCray could possibly develop into another Rudd, but not Whitt. An the hair has to go. It only works if you can play. Whitt has good size, great handles and good vision/passing ability. Must get stronger and quicker and work hard on his outside shooting. His shot isn’t broken like CMM do it should be easy to fix in the off season.

So just to be clear since you mentioned both. McCray's hair stays and Whitt's has to go?

He hit the shot that sent it to overtime, which led to Danny Young's game winning layup.

Rudd came from 1A ball. 239 NBA games over 4 years, 15 years as a Pro. Dinger had to put his job on the line to get Tacy to offer and accept DYoung. 10 year NBA career. Lots of similar questions about Muggy Bogues, too short for major college Bkb, 14 yrs NBA. Ish Smith, 12th NBA season. Frank Johnson 10 year NBA. Jeff Teague 12 yrs NBA, CP3, 16 yrs. Some guys are worth betting the house. Don’t bet against awake or guards.

So just to be clear since you mentioned both. McCray's hair stays and Whitt's has to go?

Both need to go. Hinton showed up with hair like McCray and looked much better after the trim. Someone should mention that to McCray. At least his hair isn’t in his eyes like Jr’s.

I remember all of this so well. The problem with our current team, in part, is that we brought in senior guys from the portal who are turnover machines and there is no way you can sit them to give them time to mature, like Delaney. So we have to play the hand we have been dealt and that will lead to to some problems in conference play. We just all hope that the pros grossly outweigh the cons and roll with it, there is no other choice when your entire starting team comes from other colleges.

Both need to go. Hinton showed up with hair like McCray and looked much better after the trim. Someone should mention that to McCray. At least his hair isn’t in his eyes like Jr’s.

True. Boys can't have long hair. #Science

True. Boys can't have long hair. #Science

Football players can get away with it better than basketball. I can’t think of many top level hoops players who have had long hair. The bun guy at UVA comes to mind, but he eventually cut his.

This dude got better when his hair got longer

65ee7b46f6ced2741cb1284d811d9d8c.jpg

I think stepping up his tattoo game was more important than the hair.

Maybe a little humble pie now will be good....bring us back to earth a little.

Better a collective dud now will help avoid one later on. We should be in a nasty mood Wednesday night.

Back