• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MBB Game 23: NC State @ LJVM -- Saturday 4 pm - ACCN

Damn. I had successfully suppressed memories from the lost decade .......until this game thread brought all that back.

Double Super negreps to all who participated. And quadruple double super negative reps to any who persist.
It's a day of catharsis. We're exorcising all of our demons before going into Cameron and lighting that fucker up.

This is really blowing my mind. I remember all the players around that dude, but I have absolutely no recollection of him whatsoever.
it's crazy and it wasn't like he was a scrub.

Sent from my SM-S711U using Tapatalk

I've got to object to Daniel Green being on this list and stick up for him. He was not highly rated out of HS (3 star). He had a series of injuries and didn't play for 2 years. When he did finally play, it was clear he had residual problems from his injury recovery. The only reason he is on this list is because some posters said that the team would be better when he came back from injury or pointed to the injury as a reason for the team not doing well. It became a sarcastic, running joke that Daniel Green would be the team's savior if/when he came back. I don't think he deserves it.

Damn. I had successfully suppressed memories from the lost decade .......until this game thread brought all that back.

Double Super negreps to all who participated. And quadruple double super negative reps to any who persist.
No kidding. Clearly the trauma of those years lead to a great deal of repression for most of us helping us to cope in life, but then folks come in gouging the wound ripping it wide open and pouring salt in it for good measure. Back into the fetal position I go.....

I've got to object to Daniel Green being on this list and stick up for him. He was not highly rated out of HS (3 star). He had a series of injuries and didn't play for 2 years. When he did finally play, it was clear he had residual problems from his injury recovery. The only reason he is on this list is because some posters said that the team would be better when he came back from injury or pointed to the injury as a reason for the team not doing well. It became a sarcastic, running joke that Daniel Green would be the team's savior if/when he came back. I don't think he deserves it.
Worse than that, it was Ron Wellman who did it as a way to justify hope for the upcoming season, when everyone else realized it was only a fool's hope.

I spoke to Andrien white at the loop one night - really nice young man.

Also, DJ Mitchell could have been a pretty good player for us, I think. I was unhappy when he transferred.

Throw me in the camp who has no idea who Andrien White is. I have seen every Wake basketball game since 1994.
He played 22 minutes and scored 5 pts when we beat Duke in 2OT.

1707768232856.png

The All-Unwiped Ass Era First Team

G: Anthony Fields
G: Miles Overton
F: Daniel Green
F: D.J. Mitchell
C: Sam Japhet-Mathias

Honorable Mention: Rondale Watson, Madison Jones, Richard Washington, Melo Eggleston, Jamie Lewis, Michael Wynn

Criteria is that they were recruited as scholarship players and actually played at Wake.
I don't think you can talk shit about a guy who had no arms and still got a basketball scholarship.

I’m actually a little concerned that I have zero recollection of him. Even when I looked him up.
Oooh, better see a neurologist about possible Alzheimer's. Can you remember the list of words from Trump's competency exam?

The All-Unwiped Ass Era First Team

G: Anthony Fields
G: Miles Overton
F: Daniel Green
F: D.J. Mitchell
C: Sam Japhet-Mathias

Honorable Mention: Rondale Watson, Madison Jones, Richard Washington, Melo Eggleston, Jamie Lewis, Michael Wynn

Criteria is that they were recruited as scholarship players and actually played at Wake.

Also, DJ Mitchell could have been a pretty good player for us, I think. I was unhappy when he transferred.
Poor guy had to change his name from Donovan Mitchell because by the time he transferred, Spida blew up. He didn't play in the big Louisville win where Wake held Mitchell to 7 points on 2-9 fg.

Poor guy had to change his name from Donovan Mitchell because by the time he transferred, Spida blew up. He didn't play in the big Louisville win where Wake held Mitchell to 7 points on 2-9 fg.
This explains why I had zero recollection of a D.J. Mitchell

Back