• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MBB Game 24: @ Duke- Monday 7pm - ESPN

Reid kills us with the stupid fouls. Carr, Sallis and Parker played well and that is it unfortunately. We will beat their ass in Winston no doubt. Unfortunately Monsanto and Hildress not at full strength but we will get it done, too much heart on this team. Damn Efton has got to stay in the game.

Forbes' pre-game comment to Stan was that we have to play defense without fouling.

Welp, Reid missed that memo.

for all of the hand wringing here, Reid's 4th was a weak fucking call and his 5th was misattributed by Valentine. hell, one of his early fouls was a bad break with him going for his 3rd offensive rebound on the same possession.

he probably should've been more careful in the 1st half but this isn't really the game to go off about him staying in the floor. dude played about as disciplined down the stretch as I'd want him to here.

Reid kills us with the stupid fouls. Carr, Sallis and Parker played well and that is it unfortunately. We will beat their ass in Winston no doubt. Unfortunately Monsanto and Hildress not at full strength but we will get it done, too much heart on this team. Damn Efton has got to stay in the game.
Forbes might just need to lay into his ass, I‘m sure Reid is a smart kid, but he plays incredibly stupid when it comes to managing fouls.

Forbes: "We couldn't get any stops. We just kept fouling and gave up 48 2nd half pts. Terrible recipe to try to win."

Reid only logged 15 minutes
I said earlier, start Marsh and play Reid the last 10 minutes of the halves, if he can‘t stay out of foul to play starter minutes, then don’t start him. At least then you can manage better at what points in the game he plays.

Virginia and Virginia Tech. We'll get it done in both places.

Idk man, Virginia seems like a very tough matchup for us on the road. We handled them easily at home but they are lights out recently and specialize in the kinds of ugly, grind it out games that are a struggle for us. A win would be huge but I’m not expecting it.

Idk man, Virginia seems like a very tough matchup for us on the road. We handled them easily at home but they are lights out recently and specialize in the kinds of ugly, grind it out games that are a struggle for us. A win would be huge but I’m not expecting it.
They’ll also force us to make shots. Not sure how that will work out.

I mean, if we shoot like we did tonight. We're gonna struggle we are start making some shots

Sent from my SM-S711U using Tapatalk

for all of the hand wringing here, Reid's 4th was a weak fucking call and his 5th was misattributed by Valentine. hell, one of his early fouls was a bad break with him going for his 3rd offensive rebound on the same possession.

he probably should've been more careful in the 1st half but this isn't really the game to go off about him staying in the floor. dude played about as disciplined down the stretch as I'd want him to here.
The first two moronic fouls were the dagger.

So if VA and FLA move up a few spots does the we have no quality wins argument go away?

Sent from my SM-S711U using Tapatalk

Another year where a lack of marquee wins will keep us out of the tournament. I'm starting to think we are at or very close to the ceiling with this staff, so better look hard at the scheduling philosophy.

I can't wait until online gambling becomes legal in NC. I think mid-March. I will make a fucking fortune betting Wake Forest games. I've seen this for 50+ years. I KNOW how it turns out.
I think this almost every game. I should just start.

Back