• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MBB Game 24: @ Duke- Monday 7pm - ESPN

Is there actual evidence behind the narrative that you don’t want the team you are about to play to lose right before you play them?

I don’t think UVA was going to overlook Wake whether they beat Pitt by 20 or lost by 20. I think you can make a stronger argument that UVA playing poorly tonight is actually good, as that level of play may carry over to Saturday.

They were pressing @ Duke, nerves got them. What 0-12 from deep to start…why did they take so many 3s early? They pressed for a good start and it backfired.

They will recover, they have to!

Is there actual evidence behind the narrative that you don’t want the team you are about to play to lose right before you play them?

I don’t think UVA was going to overlook Wake whether they beat Pitt by 20 or lost by 20. I think you can make a stronger argument that UVA playing poorly tonight is actually good, as that level of play may carry over to Saturday.

Not really but after winning 8 in a row it’s hard to see them dropping 2 in a row at home. We will see. They are beatable but we will absolutely have to play hard and disciplined for 40 minutes. Can’t let their defense frustrate us and lead to turnovers and easy points.

14:51 On 29-23 Wake (62 PA/40)
25:09 OFF 40-54 Duke (86 PA/40)

I have spent waaaaaay too much time on compiling and analyzing +/- data and lineup data but haven't pulled that yet. Probably will for the season later this week.

Efton 14 games ex bottom 100 opponents.
ON: 382 minutes +118 (+12.4 per 40)
OFF: 183 minutes -1 (-0.2 per 40)

Carr's numbers are even crazier -- and his presence on the court is possibly even more important to our overall success -- but these guys are 1/2 in some order.
Total Ex B100: ON: +159 (+10.1 per 40); OFF: -42 (-12.1 per 40)
Before Efton: ON 184 min +31 (+6.8 per 40); OFF 21 min: -26 (-48.5 per 40)
After Efton: ON +128 (+11.5); OFF -16 (-5.4)

crazy stats. unfortunately, i think the biggest driver might be how bad marsh and keller are (could throw marion in there too)

I mean our tickets were decent (no bad seats in Cameron unless you're obstructed view) and we paid $89 a piece on StubHub including a parking pass. Shockingly cheap.

Also, was one of you up in the rafters in/near Section 1? Very loud/funny Wake fan or two made us chuckle on several occasions. We just made sarcastic comment after sarcastic comment about Duke & the refs and were surprised no Duke fans chirped us back. I think they just thought we were reasonably pleasant/appreciative of the experience.
FUNDY

Back