• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MBB Game 24: @ Duke- Monday 7pm - ESPN

I’m all for taking 3’s within the flow of the offense.

Where I have a problem is someone other than #30 or #20 taking a 25-footer early in the shot clock. Those shots should not happen.

Yep. That was Marsh. I blew a gasket!

Well, it goes without saying that Marsh taking that shot was simply inexplicable. I'll take Reid taking like one of those per game if he is wide open - if he makes it he can take one more. But Marsh?

He "makes them in practice" LOL.

Especially when we "Go Live" the day after the rugged, draining NC State win.

Worked out very well - good plan - and a great start.

On Marsh, he cannot play more than 4-5 minutes as his defense is so horrid. Even when he blocks a shot, that particular shot, he has no feel for the game. Don't block that into the seats, do a Tim Duncan and control that - we badly need the possession. I am not convinced Marsh knows who Tim Duncan is.

Hopefully Sallis just tweaked an ankle and is ok. It's a one-man team with support from Carr, right now.

Reid could help, and to his credit, he figured out how to play in the second half - too little too late.

We never led the game - can't win if you never lead.

We had to resort to shoot 3’s because Cam and Boopie couldn’t get to the basket or get going period. Carr was the only post scoring presence with Reid in foul trouble and several times he kicked it out for 3’s when they would double team. Totally agree with the 3’s early in the shot clock. Would rather have Parker or Damari shoot a contested 3 opposed to their open ones tbh.

We had to resort to shoot 3’s because Cam and Boopie couldn’t get to the basket or get going period. Carr was the only post scoring presence with Reid in foul trouble and several times he kicked it out for 3’s when they would double team. Totally agree with the 3’s early in the shot clock. Would rather have Parker or Damari shoot a contested 3 opposed to their open ones tbh.

Both teams sucked from 3 with Wake 6-26 and duke 7-25.

Man, what we would have given to have hit a few more of them and to get out of that dump arena with a win!

Definitely seemed like we were a step slow which is no surprise after the major effort it took not to get swept by State on Saturday.

And despite the player turnover through the years, at this point the long losing streak in Cameron is probably weighing on our guys' minds and affecting their performance. We really need that monkey off our backs soon. It's getting really embarrassing, like Clemson@UNC-level embarrassing.

Definitely seemed like we were a step slow which is no surprise after the major effort it took not to get swept by State on Saturday.

And despite the player turnover through the years, at this point the long losing streak in Cameron is probably weighing on our guys' minds and affecting their performance. We really need that monkey off our backs soon. It's getting really embarrassing, like Clemson@UNC-level embarrassing.

I know it's weighing on the fan base, that's for sure.

Tired of hearing it's been since Duncan swept them all 4 seasons there that we've won at the cameron indoor dump.

And despite the player turnover through the years, at this point the long losing streak in Cameron is probably weighing on our guys' minds and affecting their performance. We really need that monkey off our backs soon. It's getting really embarrassing, like Clemson@UNC-level embarrassing
Yeah, the last time we won at Duke, I was single (married going on 26 years) and was 6 years away from becoming a father to my daughter that will be 21 this summer. That is mind blowing.

I still have not seen a win at Cameron since I became interested in Wake and enrolled as a student. They haven't won since I learned what city WFU is in. It might be the least weird of our long losing streaks at a specific team's home court though.

That’s the most frustrating thing about Wake basketball. It takes one of the greatest basketball players of all time to do what some rando at Pitt can do. Numerous NBA players couldn’t do what FAU did last season.

Last edited:
That’s the most frustrating thing about Wake basketball. It takes one of the greatest basketball players of all time to do what some rando at Pitt can do. Numerous NBA players could do what FAU did last season.

And I would expand on this that we seem to have a unique ability to create a middling opponent's career best day in scoring who potentially sets an ACC record of some kind. It's quite the skillset.

Well, it goes without saying that Marsh taking that shot was simply inexplicable. I'll take Reid taking like one of those per game if he is wide open - if he makes it he can take one more. But Marsh?
Reid is 4-19 from 3 on the year. Not sure why he has the green light. He shoots 49% overall, so its pretty clear where he needs to be taking shots.

Reid should never take a three unless its the end of the shot clock. Understand that everyone gets hyped when your big makes a three, but he's shooting 21% from three this year, and over his three year career. He's not a great shooter. To further underscore that point, Reid is also a 55% FT shooter for the year and his career. Reid can do lots of good things, but shooting threes is not one of them.

Carr + Reid = 43 minutes 10 fouls, 20 points 2 assists (.58 ppm)
Flip + Mitchell = 76 minutes 4 fouls, 44 points 1 assist (.61 ppm)

Rest of Duke Front Court: 4 minutes, 0 points, 0 assists (0 ppm)
Rest of Wake Front Court: 36 minutes, 8 points, 0 assists (.22 ppm)

All the guards played shitty, but with Proctor and Foster doing basically nothing we had the edge there.

Imagine reversing the minutes for the 2 starting front courts... Or imagine just being able to play Carr and Reid for 38 minutes each...

Reid should never take a three unless its the end of the shot clock. Understand that everyone gets hyped when your big makes a three, but he's shooting 21% from three this year, and over his three year career. He's not a great shooter. To further underscore that point, Reid is also a 55% FT shooter for the year and his career. Reid can do lots of good things, but shooting threes is not one of them.
Huh? Reid is shooting almost 90% from the line this year - 33/37.

Back