• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MBB Game 24: @ Duke- Monday 7pm - ESPN

You usually receive donation credit for returned tickets, assuming you return them back in enough time that they are likely to resell.

You don't tell our guys to stop shooting 3s after they miss a bunch in a row - that is part of our game, we are good at it, and you would just kill their confidence. What you do is call a TO and tell them to relax, shoot them within the offense, and knock them down like we always do. Maybe tell them a joke or something... Jeez, we had to be tight or keyed up or something at the beginning. A lot of those 0-11 shots were good shots that we make >50% of the time.

anyone have access to on/off splits? curious about our defensive efficiency with and without reid on the court.

I know of a local Duke fan (not season ticket holder) who came up with 2 tickets reasonably for him and his son for last night. He said that hadn't happened in a while.

It would be very "this season" for us if UVA were to lose to Pitt at home tonight right before we play them.

You don't tell our guys to stop shooting 3s after they miss a bunch in a row - that is part of our game, we are good at it, and you would just kill their confidence. What you do is call a TO and tell them to relax, shoot them within the offense, and knock them down like we always do. Maybe tell them a joke or something... Jeez, we had to be tight or keyed up or something at the beginning. A lot of those 0-11 shots were good shots that we make >50% of the time.
this

agreed in general, but i'm also wondering if we're regressing to the mean a bit vis a vis our early shooting percentage

Boopie in particular -- his shot just looks really bad right now

maybe it's a confidence thing

that plus Cam's injury and subsequent shooting struggles

feels like we may be closer to average than good from 3 as a team

fortunately Damari's return offsets that

This feels like a game where we exhausted ourselves in the win on Saturday against State, went "LIVE" with a 5 on 5 full scrimmage the next day in practice, and then were sore in Durham and guys were just missing shots. That's it.

But Duke is not great. I'll be shocked if we don't beat them in the Joel. That's about as uninspiring of a Duke team as I've seen in a while. Mitchell is really athletic though.

We could have won but didn’t. In spite of making a lot of mistakes and shooting like shit in the first half somehow our team was able to put themselves in position to have a real chance to steal the game in the last few minutes. Frustrating as hell, but just gotta hopefully learn what they can from the experience and move on.

Last edited:
I know of a local Duke fan (not season ticket holder) who came up with 2 tickets reasonably for him and his son for last night. He said that hadn't happened in a while.
I mean our tickets were decent (no bad seats in Cameron unless you're obstructed view) and we paid $89 a piece on StubHub including a parking pass. Shockingly cheap.

Also, was one of you up in the rafters in/near Section 1? Very loud/funny Wake fan or two made us chuckle on several occasions. We just made sarcastic comment after sarcastic comment about Duke & the refs and were surprised no Duke fans chirped us back. I think they just thought we were reasonably pleasant/appreciative of the experience.

so we would have lost by 20. if you think going to a zone against that team was the right call you are out of your mind.
A loss is a loss, we might as well try to win. They couldn't shoot worth shit either. Let them fall into the same trap we did from 3, while we try to rack up some points from 2 and build a lead. That game was horribly coached, as expected.

You don't think Forbes did that? It obviously didn't work. Hence why it was the wrong decision both at the time and in hindsight. Our shots weren't even close. Yet we kept hoisting.

The interior foul disparity never ceases to amaze me at Cameron. Darius used to walk off the bus with 2 fouls. Forbes howled for calls on Filipowski to no avail. Makes a difference.

We shot like crap and we got clubbed inside. Otherwise we competed. Beat UVA and beat them at home and we look good for the tourney.

The interior foul disparity never ceases to amaze me at Cameron. Darius used to walk off the bus with 2 fouls. Forbes howled for calls on Filipowski to no avail. Makes a difference.

We shot like crap and we got clubbed inside. Otherwise we competed. Beat UVA and beat them at home and we look good for the tourney.
Darius is a great comparison. Last time I had anxiety about fouls all game.

We could have won but didn’t. In spite of make a lot of mistakes and shooting like shit in the first half somehow our team was able to put themselves in position to have a real chance to steal the game in the last few minutes. Frustrating as hell, but just gotta hopefully learn what they can from the experience and move on.
We “could have won” but also never lead and never tied in the second half. Certainly didn’t feel like we had a real chance to win it

While the Cameron ref-nudge was certainly a thing last night, so too was some of the boneheaded fouls Efton committed. I can think of two where he slapped down on dude's head, one I think he got bailed out and they missed it. But that's definitely something Reid shouldn't be doing.

You don't think Forbes did that? It obviously didn't work. Hence why it was the wrong decision both at the time and in hindsight. Our shots weren't even close. Yet we kept hoisting.
I don't know what he did, and neither do you. But telling our guys to stop shooting would have been the wrong thing to do - that is the point. If he said those things and we still kept missing, so be it - it was our night to shoot poorly, it happens. We are a talented shooting team, but, we are streaky. And obviously shoot much better at home.

Back