• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MBB Game 26: Miami Hurricanes @ LJVM - Saturday 3 pm - Bally

This. People who cut the cord and then complain about not having the same options as cable are baffling to me. You are paying less money so you are getting less channels.

I think the point is the ACC partnered with a provider that a large number of tv viewers can't access. In fairness, that may not have been the case when the contract was inked. But it is the reality now.

If our students don't show the fuck up for this Miami game we can consider Forbes good as gone.

I am expecting Forbes to take the Georgia job shortly after our NCAA Turney departure.

This is the type of insider analysis which should be reserved for the ogboards.com premium forum

Jerry Palm (not that he’s the best) has Wake the first team out of the bracket. Miami is second to last team in. This game would be a big boost to the resume and a deterrent to another team fighting for those last spots.

The Jerry Palm bracket is so stupid. He seems to only be applying RPI to Wake.

I thought he hated us?

Billy doesn't hate WF basketball. As I understand it, he hated the way the school treated Charlie Davis (don't know all of the details), and he never let it go.

Billy doesn't hate WF basketball. As I understand it, he hated the way the school treated Charlie Davis (don't know all of the details), and he never let it go.

I was listening to Packer on Sirius earlier this year and one of his guests asked if Billy was back with Wake and he said something like "they're working on it"

I think the point is the ACC partnered with a provider that a large number of tv viewers can't access. In fairness, that may not have been the case when the contract was inked. But it is the reality now.

The ACC partnered with Fox Sports, which was owned by News Corp. When Disney bought 21st Century Fox, they had to divest the Fox Sports assets. Sinclair bought the assets, struck a deal with Bally's on naming rights. Sinclair has some long standing pissing contests with some of the cable providers over the fees for carrying these channels.

NBA teams, like the Mavericks were caught by this as well, when a significant portion of their games were no longer available to a large part of the fan base.

Despite DR's non-stop attack on LJVM, WF has one of the best home court advantages in college basketball. KP rates WF home court edge at 4.1 points. 9th best in all of college basketball. 5 of the teams with better home court advantages play at with altitude advantages (Colorado, Air Force, New Mexico, Utah and Utah State). Among power conference teams, only Texas Tech and West Virginia have better court edges. Deacs play well on the parquet.

The ACC partnered with Fox Sports, which was owned by News Corp. When Disney bought 21st Century Fox, they had to divest the Fox Sports assets. Sinclair bought the assets, struck a deal with Bally's on naming rights. Sinclair has some long standing pissing contests with some of the cable providers over the fees for carrying these channels.

NBA teams, like the Mavericks were caught by this as well, when a significant portion of their games were no longer available to a large part of the fan base.

It's an issue for MLB teams too, but MLB has bigger problems right now.

When Charlie Davis was passed over for a promotion in the AD, Packer asked to be removed from the HOF, a very dramatic request. Currie made this relationship a priority when he started, and I thought it was pretty naive. I’m really impressed this relationship seems to be repairing.

It's an issue for MLB teams too, but MLB has bigger problems right now.

At the end of the day it's ESPN's fault, if they were not a dominant monopoly they would have just absorbed Fox Sports. ,

The ACC's issue is much smaller than the NBA, NHL or MLB, we didn't have a huge percentage of our games on the RSN, but all are in the same boat. Sinclair want's providers to pay more for those channels and some providers are refusing to pay.

Bally's has or is putting out an app for $19.95 a month for the cable cutters.

Charlie Davis continues to hold the Wake Forest single game scoring record (and other records). He was the first black player to be named ACC player of the year. He graduated from Wake in 1971. He wasn't inducted into the WFU Hall of Fame until 1984. And that took some pressure.

Back