• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MBB Game 26: Miami Hurricanes @ LJVM - Saturday 3 pm - Bally

When Charlie Davis was passed over for a promotion in the AD, Packer asked to be removed from the HOF, a very dramatic request. Currie made this relationship a priority when he started, and I thought it was pretty naive. I’m really impressed this relationship seems to be repairing.

Yes— credit to Currie— when Currie was on P&D during football season , Currie said he was working on getting Billy back — Mark’s comment was “good luck with that”.

I don’t know anything about packers’s feuds or anything but I know this : he was a great announcer. He was equally grumpy about every team he covered. All teams were convinced he hated them only.

I don’t know anything about packers’s feuds or anything but I know this : he was a great announcer. He was equally grumpy about every team he covered. All teams were convinced he hated them only.

Yes, this. We can complain about homer announcers or just plain shitty announcers but Billy was this. Equally hated and pretty honest. And yes, Charlie Davis was the man. Glad to see Currie working hard to restore relationships.

Well getting Packer back for the 60th anniversary of the 1962 team seems like the relationship is repairing.

there are 112 brackets in the bracket matrix project. wake is in 110. Palm and another bracket that hasn't been updated since last week.

At least more constructive to look at this from a broader perspective:

6 -1
7 - 9
8 - 24
9 - 27
10 - 24
11 - 20
12 - 5

55% have us at a 9 or higher.

I'm going to be furious if Wake doesn't have a good crowd tomorrow. If you are on the fence about going, please f****** go. We have a historically good team right now and they have earned our support over and over and over. Tell your friends, family, neighbors, random homeless people, and anyone else you see between now and tomorrow that they need to buy a ticket and support the Deacs.

And if you're scared of getting the sniffles, wear a mask and everything will be okay.

We may get 9k. Looks like lower level may get all taken up, now if people show up who knows. Upstairs still looks essentially wide open.

I saw some tweet from Screamin' Demons that 750 student tix had been claimed and they were shooting for 1000

I'm going to be furious if Wake doesn't have a good crowd tomorrow. If you are on the fence about going, please f****** go. We have a historically good team right now and they have earned our support over and over and over. Tell your friends, family, neighbors, random homeless people, and anyone else you see between now and tomorrow that they need to buy a ticket and support the Deacs.

Love to go to the game.

Not comfortable at the Joel. Lack of enforcement of the mask policy keeping me and my family away.

Go Deacs!

Marginal first half performance turns into a rally (again) late.
Wake 74. Canes 67

Love to go to the game.

Not comfortable at the Joel. Lack of enforcement of the mask policy keeping me and my family away.

Go Deacs!

can't your pretty much find your own empty row? It's not going to be sold out.

I feel like there is more here... please elaborate...

Not really. Packer had a great platform for years with CBS in which to show he wasn’t a small and petty man regarding Wake Forest. He shit on Wake over and over because he couldn’t let small grievances go. If he wants to continue to hold his grudges, have at it. Wake long ago moved on without him.

Love to go to the game.

Go Deacs!

COVID is now a disease for the unvaccinated. If you’ve been vaccinated and boosted, then you have essentially the same risk of being hospitalized or dying as you would from influenza. You should not be letting mask policies dictate your life. If you’re vaccinated AND you decide to wear a mask, then it’s basically not going to matter whether others are wearing one or not. You will be plenty protected.

Now if you’re not vaccinated, then yeah you might want to stay home.

can't your pretty much find your own empty row? It's not going to be sold out.

This. Weak covid excuse is no longer an excuse now that Omnicron is fading away and kids don't have to wear masks at school.

It's not over, but wear a mask and wash your hands and you should be fine.

Back