• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MBB Game 27: WF at Duke -- Tuesday 7 pm: ESPN

Not that K has ever deserved any of this home cooking but this shit better leave next year as that gargoyle mouth Scheyer has done fuck all to earn the thumb-on-the-scale treatment by the league.

meh, we'll get screwed there next year when K is gone

Scheyer getting gifted this job, and he doesn't look even close to ready. Amaker got screwed by K, bad. Hope he gets public about it.

Correct. If you think the refs are going to allow K to turn it over to Scheyer, who then loses a massive lead, think again. Scheyer may not get the special ref treatment next year but he’ll get it tonight.

As many of us predicted. Major props to our guys for nearly overcoming it, but in the end, the outcome was foretold. In fact, this is precisely what they wanted. A comeback to make the game exciting, but still giving Duke the W and giving Scheyer a feather in his cap.

Even though as I said earlier, hope Scheyer is rattled from this point forward every time he plays us.

The amount of fear in refs’ minds of K and those fans astounds me. Your job is literally to be objective and you cannot just do your job because you’re too afraid of being cursed out. You’d think some generation of refs would want to stand up to this insanity but it’s happened for decades.

Scheyer is already 2-0 against us. We can’t talk.

Scheyer getting gifted this job, and he doesn't look even close to ready. Amaker got screwed by K, bad. Hope he gets public about it.

It would be foolish for Amaker to go public against K. But if he just minds his business and Scheyer struggles, he may look like the prettiest girl in the room.

Doing the whole "I told you so" thing about refs favoring Duke in cameron is really fucking obnoxious.

Scheyer is already 2-0 against us. We can’t talk.

He’s played us twice under the protection of Coach K. Let’s see how he does if he has to start facing us on a level playing field.

Doing the whole "I told you so" thing about refs favoring Duke in cameron is really fucking obnoxious.

yes, agreed

He’s played us twice under the protection of Coach K. Let’s see how he does if he has to start facing us on a level playing field.

we'll get screwed next year in Cameron, and I won't bring quote myself when it happens

yes, agreed

we'll get screwed next year in Cameron, and I won't bring quote myself when it happens

Ok. For the people who still think we won’t get screwed, I’ll quote this for you.

Ok. For the people who still think we won’t get screwed, I’ll quote this for you.

who was denying that the refs would make some shitty calls in favor of Duke? I think everyone was hoping we'd win in spite of the calls

really stings to lose a game on an obvious bad call like that, particularly with an NCAA bid on the line

we need to either go 4-0 over the next 4 games, or 4-0 to close the season in Brooklyn

I tried to disagree with this logic myself and chalk it up to me just enduring decades of "Wakeness" as a fan. But sadly, I have to wholeheartedly agree.

What has Tommy Amaker accomplished up to this point in his head coaching career to make him a shoo-in for the Duke job? His 1 NCAA tourney appearance in 10 combined seasons at Seton Hall and Michigan?

Sure Scheyer is a risk but he has upside potential.

And I don't think Amaker is a bad coach at all but just find the "he was passed over" narrative over-dramatized.

Hope Forbes will send a tape to the ACC office. It won't change the outcome of this one, but it speaks to the need of consistency and integrity. Not letting things slide. Standing up for your team. Could pay dividends down the road?

really stings to lose a game on an obvious bad call like that, particularly with an NCAA bid on the line

we need to either go 4-0 over the next 4 games, or 4-0 to close the season in Brooklyn

4-0 over this upcoming stretch will move Wake to lock status heading into Brooklyn.

Yeah, yeah, yeah... the OOC schedule sucked but the computers don't hate this team.

And what many of the bracketologists on here fail to take into account is that teams currently sitting on both the good and bad side of the bubble will continue to take losses as well. That's why they are on the bubble in the first place.

Hope Forbes will send a tape to the ACC office. It won't change the outcome of this one, but it speaks to the need of consistency and integrity. Not letting things slide. Standing up for your team. Could pay dividends down the road?

Meh - I trust Forbes will use this as motivation to blow the irish off the floor on Saturday afternoon and finish the regular season on an upswing.

who was denying that the refs would make some shitty calls in favor of Duke? I think everyone was hoping we'd win in spite of the calls

My point wasn't that I knew we'd get jobbed by the refs from the beginning; everyone knew that. When there was debate, it was after K didn't come out for the second half. There was this weird idea that we'd now get fair calls. Or that saying anything about our unavoidable history with refs in Cameron was "killing our vibes." I knew we'd still get jobbed.

BTW the second K left the building we stopped getting hosed

imagine posting that as wake makes it a 4pt game

Lol that’s a charge all day if K is on the bench.

shut the fuck up holy shit

this ain't refs imo

Yes, the reffing tightened up in the second half, as we all expected. But our comeback was primarily due to our guys, not the refs. And when there was the inevitable debatable final play, it inevitably went Duke's way.

Back