• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MBB Game 27: WF at Duke -- Tuesday 7 pm: ESPN

okay whatever. Good job contradicting people who were posting during the flow of the game. You're the smartest fan in the world. So glad you accurately predicted our misery and then came back today to tell us you were right all along.

It is still really fucking obnoxious to post during a wake come back "hey you guys know we are going to get screwed right? lol why get excited". That's what Kory was responding to with his posts.

I am well aware of the history of getting the shaft at Cameron.
Watched every minute of the game last night and there were a fair share of close/bad calls.
The phantom third foul call on Williams was the most impactful but I felt, overall, they were fairly even.
Coach K Douche being in the locker room def helped.
The last call, unfortunately, was the right one.

Watched game today as I hate watching Duke garbage, so:

- Rece Davis with "they're waving it off" as 2 of the 3 refs give the goaltending sign.

- I take it back. Alondes DID box out M. Williams, he just rode Alondes' back to get even higher for the putback. Back in the day, for the young guns, that is called Over The Back - foul on Duke.

- Down 63-66 and several other times, EVEN WITH Walton and Sy in the game, we need to box and grab the rebound. Tim Duncan, even as a True Frosh, would have had 15+ boards last night. Walton had 3 and still sort of slaps at some rebounds with one hand. He did COMPETE last night and was huge - props to Walton.

- Mark Williams is all length and gangly that shit still works, but will not work in the NBA, not impressed. Would not draft. I do like Griffin a lot.

- Speaking of the draft, Alondes was unguardable most of the second half AND played under control. You could see him pacing through the lane, looking NOT to get a charge call as you know it would be a charge, never a block call. Clearly a second round steal for some team in the draft. Uh, Spurs, Hawks, Hornets, hello.

- Banchero played small and I would not draft him, either. He has off the court issues too.

- LaRavia was also a "baby Laettner" starting late in the first half and most of the second half - unguardable and schooled the great defender, Moore.

- LaRavia plays too many minutes. No idea how to give these guys a breather --- goal for off season, regardless of transfers OUT, is to bring in more quality bodies ala Dave Clawson build some depth, so we can go 8-10 deep with confidence.

- Whitt with one of the worst defensive plays in a while. You learn in 7th grade how not to let a guy ride you out all the way under the rim. "Get around him and deny the pass..."

- Proud of the Deacs and loved the 2nd half effort, as we have wilted so, so many times once we get down double digits.

- Coach K is a sham. Fakes another head cold, since he was so ANGRY that LaRavia dared play GREAT basketball at the end of the first half.

- We need to sign Forbes to a 10-year contract now. He will beat Scheyer regularly in the future, hopefully in Brooklyn, NY.

- That said, I don't think we travel well and play well in Brooklyn. Would feel much better if the ACCT were in the southeast. Need 1 freaking win there.

- Like I've said so many times, we should have won.

Beating Notre Dame will make it all OK. Need the students, again, as I believe ND really is our March Madness punch a ticket game (with 1 ACCT win or more), and could really get us on a "win out" roll - I hope.

I am well aware of the history of getting the shaft at Cameron.
Watched every minute of the game last night and there were a fair share of close/bad calls.
The phantom third foul call on Williams was the most impactful but I felt, overall, they were fairly even.
Coach K Douche being in the locker room def helped.
The last call, unfortunately, was the right one.
The interference? No it wasn't.

It is still really fucking obnoxious to post during a wake come back "hey you guys know we are going to get screwed right? lol why get excited". That's what Kory was responding to with his posts.
I'll keep acknowledging one of the most unassailable maxims in the entire universe of sports, and you can not only choose not to, but tell me I'm wrong for doing so. Seriously, it's not an issue with me; we can view it differently. Peace.

What was the ruling on the court for the put back that won it? Offensive goal tending or it counted?

And what is the rule in college bball on overturning a call? Clear evidence? Because if that is the rule then whatever was called on the court should have stood. I've watched it a hundred times and I'm still not sure if it completely left the cylinder or not...

I'll keep acknowledging one of the most unassailable maxims in the entire universe of sports, and you can not only choose not to, but tell me I'm wrong for doing so. Seriously, it's not an issue with me; we can view it differently. Peace.

I didn’t say you were wrong. I said it’s obnoxious. It’s obnoxious to post it when people are getting excited for a comeback, and it’s obnoxious to come back with “I told you so” the next day. Just fuck off with that shit.

There was this weird idea that we'd now get fair calls. Or that saying anything about our unavoidable history with refs in Cameron was "killing our vibes." I knew we'd still get jobbed.

Yes, the reffing tightened up in the second half, as we all expected. But our comeback was primarily due to our guys, not the refs.

You're taking my response to LK's post out of context here. I wasn't discussing fair calls.

I said I've seen crazier comebacks being down 19 in CBB before and LK responded that it wasn't possible in Cameron as we were clawing our way back in.

The last post of mine you quoted was in response to a few people complaining about us not taking the lead because of the refs when we had a bad stretch of turnovers and forced shots under 5mins.

Cannot go through this entire thread but is there footage of Duke player laying Monsanto out in the first half? An atrocious call at first glance. Announcers too busy slurping Duke's hog to acknowledge it and producers could care less why a Wake player went down. It was around the 10 minute mark I think and Duke had still not been called for a foul.

You're taking my response to LK's post out of context here. I wasn't discussing fair calls.

I said I've seen crazier comebacks being down 19 in CBB before and LK responded that it wasn't possible in Cameron as we were clawing our way back in.

The last post of mine you quoted was in response to a few people complaining about us not taking the lead because of the refs when we had a bad stretch of turnovers and forced shots under 5mins.

Got it.

After seeing Banchero play a few more times I wouldn’t draft him high. He does play small and doesn’t seem like he’d ever be a plus defender. He’s not much of an improvement on other disappointing Dukies.

Mark Williams seems like a poor man’s Ayton. I’d be fine drafting him around #20.

The Spurs don’t need any guards but Alondes could profile similar to Derrick White with more size/athleticism and playmaking but not the same defense. They have the Lakers’ 2nd which would be a good spot.

Cannot go through this entire thread but is there footage of Duke player laying Monsanto out in the first half? An atrocious call at first glance. Announcers too busy slurping Duke's hog to acknowledge it and producers could care less why a Wake player went down. It was around the 10 minute mark I think and Duke had still not been called for a foul.

Just saw it a few pages ago. A terrible no call.

Hope Forbes will send a tape to the ACC office. It won't change the outcome of this one, but it speaks to the need of consistency and integrity. Not letting things slide. Standing up for your team. Could pay dividends down the road?

Can add it to the pile of unwatched screw job tapes every team (deservedly) sends after duke games. There’s probably a box of them under someone’s desk at the ACC, kind of like Toby’s special file for all of Dwight’s complaints to use an ancient office reference.

I didn’t say you were wrong. I said it’s obnoxious. It’s obnoxious to post it when people are getting excited for a comeback, and it’s obnoxious to come back with “I told you so” the next day. Just fuck off with that shit.

I will keep saying what I see, and I hope you will too. Message boards are a great outlet for the unreal emotional swings a game like last night produces. Even if we sometimes view it all differently, in the end I’m glad there’s a place to process it all with fellow fans.

The other way I see the goaltending call is if it was a Wake defensive play and the ball was knocked away from the goal from the exact same position, I don't think anyone would have questioned it being defensive goaltending on Wake.

i posted it like two or three pages ago

What was the ruling on the court for the put back that won it? Offensive goal tending or it counted?

And what is the rule in college bball on overturning a call? Clear evidence? Because if that is the rule then whatever was called on the court should have stood. I've watched it a hundred times and I'm still not sure if it completely left the cylinder or not...

Saw a couple CBB analysts on Twitter post that it has to be ruled goaltending on the court to even be reviewed (not sure if that is the rule or not). Looked pretty obvious they called it goaltending, but the scorer (at least the ESPN scorer) decided to count the basket.

And I've watched it about 15 times, and I'm 95% confident it was interference (after the initial tip that was indeed off the rim). Certainly nothing anywhere close to conclusive evidence it wasn't.

Back