• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MBB Game 27: WF at Duke -- Tuesday 7 pm: ESPN

i am highly biased - but i don't see paolo or griffin as all-star level nba players

alondes kind of reminds me of our old tournament nemesis and j-ho nba friend marquis daniels

Finding the actual rules have gotten tougher. I believe the NCAA want's you to pay for a PDF of the rule book now when you used to be able to search for it. Below is what was proposed for the goaltending/basket Interference rule, which I think was adopted.

In the last two minutes of the second period or the last two minutes of any overtime period, allow the use of instant
replay to review basket interference and goaltending when a call has been made.
After such review, in the event
of an officiating error, the alternating possession arrow shall be used to determine possession.

So by rule, they could not have reviewed that play unless basket interference was called.

Sure the refs usually screw us in Cameron, but I attribute this call to incompetence. I think the initial reaction is to the shot bouncing off the rim. I see this as follows.

1- Initial shot goes up
2- Ball bounces to the left and appears to come off the rim (this is where the refs probably made their call)
3- The ball is tipped back to the right by either Williams, Moore or both (zero dispute that the ball went from left to right and the only way it could was by being tipped)
4- Ball is now clearly over the cylinder
5- Zero visibility of Williams left hand
6- Williams takes right hand and puts it on the ball, in the cylinder, and dunks it.

The only way these refs could 'overturn' this call seems to be.
- Based on #2, they only were evaluating the initial shot
- They claim that Williams was gathering the ball (can't be seen) from 5&6

Based on the limited video and the importance of the play in deciding the game, I don't think they spent an appropriate amount of time in the review. We've seen out of bounds calls reviewed longer than this which were not the final play of the game take much longer.

You were right.

Just looked at a mock draft from today that has Banchero #3, Griffin #4, Moore #22, Keels #30, Williams #35. They also have Alondes at #51.
https://ftw.usatoday.com/lists/nba-mock-draft-chet-holmgren-jaden-ivey-aj-griffin

Yes, but my decision was based on the history of 'great' dook ACC players doing stupid things or not realizing that 30 year old NBA player, that want to stay in the league, don't give a crap if you came from dook. And the refs don't give a crap either.

Kaye just uses an over abundance of natural talent to win games, but doesn't teach them how work hard beyond his system.

You were right.

Just looked at a mock draft from today that has Banchero #3, Griffin #4, Moore #22, Keels #30, Williams #35. They also have Alondes at #51.
https://ftw.usatoday.com/lists/nba-mock-draft-chet-holmgren-jaden-ivey-aj-griffin

Hard to watch all these guys extensively but -

Chet - went to a local private HS that competes against our kids' HS. They are a basketball factory. Our kids' school is up and down in hoops. Last good player was David Roddy who is having a great year at CSU. Chet was on the same team as Jalen Suggs - and they were both just fucking insane to watch. Huge ceiling on him bc he's so versatile. Probably my No 1.

Jabari Smith - prob. my No. 2. Just a great player.

Jaden Ivey - the few times I've watched Purdue he just has stretches of the game where he is unstoppable and does whatever the hell he wants to do. I've not seen that from Banchero or Griffin. So he'd by my #3.

Those would be my top 3.

More impressed watching Griffin so far this year than Branchero. I don't know how that projects to the NBA.

Thought it was interesting we ran a bunch of iso plays to get Jake on Branchero.

Really want another shot at Duke in the ACCT. A Miami-Duke revenge tour in the quarters and semis would be sweet.

Fuck Miami, I don't want to see them again. I'd take Duke though.

Yeah. I want nothing to do with Cuse or Miami. We'll probably have to play Duke to make it to the finals though.

The only team I'd like to avoid is Syracuse.

I'd be fine with seeing Miami again. Despite the two data points we have to contradict it, I still think we're a much better team than they are.

The only team I'd like to avoid is Syracuse.

I'd be fine with seeing Miami again. Despite the two data points we have to contradict it, I still think we're a much better team than they are.

we seem locked into 4/5 territory unless the wheels fall off (in which case it won't matter), and Cuse seems unlikely to fall down to 12/13 territory, so I think we avoid Cuse unless they beat #1 Duke or some similar unlikely event happens

Here is some 'fun' reading. KY fans are debating the the final play, toward the middle of the second page of discussion someone finally gets the fact that is was the dunk of the tip in that is the basket interference.

https://kentucky.forums.rivals.com/...-guys-on-here-who-have-refereed-games.362107/

They aren't much more independent observers than we are, but they don't have any real skin in the game.

This Cleisthenes guy on there is awesome! Can we get him over here?

This Cleisthenes guy on there is awesome! Can we get him over here?

lol his responses are amazing in that thread.

"Answer this question directly: DID THE PLAYER'S RIGHT HAND COME INTO CONTACT WITH THE BALL WHILE IT WAS OVER THE CYLINDER?"

Yeah. I want nothing to do with Cuse or Miami. We'll probably have to play Duke to make it to the finals though.

Syracuse lost Jesse Edwards for the year with a broken wrist. That’s a big loss for them.

we seem locked into 4/5 territory unless the wheels fall off (in which case it won't matter), and Cuse seems unlikely to fall down to 12/13 territory, so I think we avoid Cuse unless they beat #1 Duke or some similar unlikely event happens

That would suck if we got to the semis through Miami, have to play Quad 2 Cuse to advance to the finals. A W doesn't really help our NCAAT chances, a loss might end it.

Syracuse lost Jesse Edwards for the year with a broken wrist. That’s a big loss for them.

Jesse Edwards wasn't a big problem. He only played 22 minutes up there and had 12/2. He fouled out in Winston in 20 minutes with 6/5.

Back