• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MBB Game 27: WF at Duke -- Tuesday 7 pm: ESPN

Jesse Edwards wasn't a big problem. He only played 22 minutes up there and had 12/2. He fouled out in Winston in 20 minutes with 6/5.

His presence on defense was a problem, and we did much better inside once he fouled out in Winston.

I'd like another shot at Duke this year.

Preferably in the NCAAT, not at Duke's North Campus in New York/New Jersey/Brooklyn.

Has Coach (Forbes) made any comment on the last play?

just this as far as I know

Picture posted on Forbes’ Facebook page.

65e9c3aa2bb5487431191360566c7975.jpg

Has Coach (Forbes) made any comment on the last play?

I think he was asked about it in the pressor but the didn't give the person the mike and I thought he said he hadn't seen the replay yet.

just this as far as I know

That picture pretty much confirms it had to be basket interference, since the camera's show that ball came off to the left and then was tipped to the right. Since his right hand is not on that ball it's basket interference as he is now contacting a ball in the cylinder.

Small compensation for the hosito, but at the least we may have caused a slight moment of panic in the bouncing dorks.

But then they saw the refs huddling and realized that everything was going to be okay.

Frankly, what that picture shows more than anything is over-the-back. It's not evidence of offensive goal-tending as the picture is from the moment after it was already tipped back to the right.

Frankly, what that picture shows more than anything is over-the-back. It's not evidence of offensive goal-tending as the picture is from the moment after it was already tipped back to the right.

Yes and no. It shows that he didn't still have it in his left hand which would have not been offensive interference. The only way it's not offensive interference is if he gathered it with his left and then added his right. If he or Moore tipped it and then he dunks it with his left it's offensive interference.

Wake/Duke ending make the PTI Rundown…..
“Wake makes up a 19 point deficit……”

Wake/Duke ending make the PTI Rundown…..
“Wake makes up a 19 point deficit……”

And they had real HD video of it. Too bad everyone is just going along with 'video showed it was a good basket line'.

Nothing we can do about it, but you can be damn sure if this was UNC/dook, there would have been a frame by frame breakdown.

The video they showed, with an HD close up from the left side it actually looks like the ball never cleared the rim at all, while the video behind the board, which gives not depth perception, made it look like it did. Plus the side video shows the tip.

Did ESPN just cut all the production staff and couldn't show this HD video last night?

Yes and no. It shows that he didn't still have it in his left hand which would have not been offensive interference. The only way it's not offensive interference is if he gathered it with his left and then added his right. If he or Moore tipped it and then he dunks it with his left it's offensive interference.

The replay showed that it was off the rim and out of the imaginary cylinder and was tipped back toward the rim. After that, he dunked it, which is what this picture shows.

Last edited:
First Game - Intimidated a bit
2nd Game - Duke played well. We adjusted, gained confidence.
The Game that counts - Duke learns nothing Wake grows and wins.

He was asked if Monsanto's shot would have counted if it went in and said more or less "probably not here". Pretty much said it all about officiating in Cameron.

He was shaking his head on at least 2 of Alondes' drives to the bucket which were scores, but could have been "And 1."

Watched again, and despite not having great depth, we can be really good. Really good. Just have to get 5 guys to dig in even more and get stops/defensive rebound at:

63-66

74-74, even though that was goaltending

That's a good time for Mucius or Monsanto to help out and go grab that board. Alondes was a beast in second half on the defensive glass --- all 5 need to do that.

We get even grittier, now that we have Alondes running point guard, and this team could make some noise the rest of the way.

appears so. this is the first concrete post in that thread. any mentions of Amaker prior to this post are just discussion of him as a possible candidate.

He was at Wake. I saw him.

ETA: His presence had us scratching our heads and to this day I’m not sure who his meeting was with.

Last edited:
I don’t think kvegas is lying but at the same time I don’t believe for a second that amaker was on campus during a coaching search in middle of the worst of pandemic shutdowns. I mean Forbes himself has said he never was on campus until he actually accepted the job. Maybe amaker has a doppelgänger who lives in Winston?

Great point. Forbes didn’t visit. Why would Amaker?

KVegas, I’m sorry I have to ask but did you confirm that it was Amaker? Could it have just been another Black man you thought looked like him?

Back