• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MBB Game 31: NC State @ LJVM - 9 pm Wednesday - Bally Sports

Pilchard

Reaction score
The Deacs host the Pack for a late night contest this Wednesday for WF's regular season finale. The Deacs just played the Pack 5 games ago (WF won 69-51 - Alondes led with 17 points, 10 boards and 7 assists). Here is a link to the prior Pack breakdown: https://www.ogboards.com/forums/showthread.php/33394-MBB-Game-25-WF-at-NC-State-Wednesday-7-pm-ACCN.

Pack Update: State is 1-3 since the home loss to WF on February 9:

@Pitt 71 State 69 (Pitt destroyed State on the Boards +20)
State 76 @GT 61 (State outscored GT by 18 points from 3; Terquavion had 26 points and 6 three-pointers)
BC 69 @State 61 (BC dominated inside; 62% from 2; Eagle C Quinten Post scored 18 points - 9 for 10 from the field)
UNC 84 @State 74 (again, UNC dominated the paint: 65% from 2; Bacot 28 and 18 - 11 for 13 from the field; UNC +18 on the boards)

Projection: KP projects an 82-70 WF win in 70 possessions. State is DFL in the ACC in:

a) defensive efficiency,
b) keeping teams off the offensive glass, and
c) 3 point D (the Pack is 2nd to last in 2 PT defense).

WF is #1 in the ACC in 2 PT FG%. Seems like a pretty straightforward analysis: State is defenseless inside; WF is essentially unstoppable when it takes the ball to the basket. The Deacs should score early and often as long as WF pounds the Pack in the paint. One concern is that WF played close to a perfect offensive game on Saturday night against L'ville (68% from 2; 48% from 3; 82% from the line; 10 TOs). Teams don't typically play to that level in consecutive games, but if there's a defense that is receptive to surrendering offensive fireworks, its the Pack. Defensively, the key will be defending the 3, State is #2 in the ACC in percentage of points from behind the arc. In the Pack's 4 ACC wins, they have hit 44% of their three pointers and hit an average of 11+ three pointers in those games. So, as long as Terquavion doesn't have a 6 for 8 game from 3; the Pack lacks the firepower to keep up. Let's close out the regular season in style.

Thanks for the work and analysis before games. It’s much appreciated!

Let's get a win, get plenty of minutes for Hildreth and Marsh, maybe see a bit of Sy, and get right for Bwooklyn.

Smith was awful last time against the Deacs. I expect him to play a bit better this time around.

Williams dominated down the stretch in Raleigh. Sy also had a good game. Jake and Walton were quieter, doubt that happens again.

State went with those junky presses/slow down defenses that limited possessions a touch (66) but ended up completely crumbling the last ~6 mins or so. It was a close game before that.

Keatts almost collided with Williams as he was like 2-3 feet out on the court multiple times. Would be fun if there is some kind of student chant about that.

I wonder how many points Luke Hancock thinks we should win by. He said we needed/should beat 'ville by 20-30.

I wonder how many points Luke Hancock thinks we should win by. He said we needed/should beat 'ville by 20-30.

And Wake did. 22. And it was closer to 30 most of the game.

We were up 31 with 3:40 to go when we put the subs in. Outscored 13-4 from there. I'm sure we satisfied Luke's metrics.

Let's get a win, get plenty of minutes for Hildreth and Marsh, maybe see a bit of Sy, and get right for Bwooklyn.

I would prefer we not see Sy and let his injury heal until the following game, which hopefully is Thursday next week.

100% agree on Sy, get right for the rest of March, we'll take care of the pups without him

I would prefer we not see Sy and let his injury heal until the following game, which hopefully is Thursday next week.

Agreed, Forbes said Sy was 50/50 he would play. Please no, unless Walton gets hurt or we get behind in the first half. Need him to be 100% for acc tournament and beyond.

Sorry... drunk. Don't let him win tonight, either.

I feel you guys are about to enter a prolonged pit of misery.

If you have any questions on how to get through such tough times then just let us know. Alcohol helps a lot though.

is there a reason for the later tip-off? hopefully it doesn’t discourage attendance.

Back