• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MBB Game 31: NC State @ LJVM - 9 pm Wednesday - Bally Sports

Not generally a fan of 9:00 start. But it just so happens I have a conflict at 7 so we will be there for tip. Went to bed early last night to prep for a long day today.

Thanks again for these threads. While not nearly as darkly funny, they are still informative.

reason, as always, is tv, right? Bally showing Women's ACCT at 7:00

ACCN has games at 7:00 and 9:00

The Lady Deacs tip at 6:30 so a Wake doubleheader. Get your VPN ready!

9pm will absolutely effect attendance. Plus state sucks, their fans aren't coming. I'd expect 6-7k fans.

Not sure what happens these days but Wednesday nights used to be big party nights at Wake. Lets have a big party at the Joel

I’ve decided to not make the trek from Charlotte given the late tip. Have a MTN Dew Pass for anyone who wants it

Regarding VPNs, anyone able to use NordVPN and ESPN+ to get the Bally games recently? I was able to earlier in year but recent ones like Notre Dame have not worked…..like something was changed to block on ESPN app side no matter how many different Us servers I tried.

Use a VPN and WatchESPN/ACCNX. ESPN+ has never had Bally games.

We've ruined a good amount of good NC State seasons. Worried they might return the favor. Probably LOWF

Use a VPN and WatchESPN/ACCNX. ESPN+ has never had Bally games.

OK. I'm trying this tonight on my laptop. I have Hulu/Disney+/ESPN+ bundle so I should be able to access WatchESPN/ACCNX with that login? Or is WatchESPN/ACCNX a totally separate thing?

I've been able to find Bally broadcast games on the ESPN app via my Roku but obviously get the message saying it is blacked out in my area when I try to stream it.

Regarding VPNs, anyone able to use NordVPN and ESPN+ to get the Bally games recently? I was able to earlier in year but recent ones like Notre Dame have not worked…..like something was changed to block on ESPN app side no matter how many different Us servers I tried.

St. Louis connection has been my go to.

OK. I'm trying this tonight on my laptop. I have Hulu/Disney+/ESPN+ bundle so I should be able to access WatchESPN/ACCNX with that login? Or is WatchESPN/ACCNX a totally separate thing?

I've been able to find Bally broadcast games on the ESPN app via my Roku but obviously get the message saying it is blacked out in my area when I try to stream it.

Here is the long explanation.

It’s not on ESPN+. The game is on Bally Sports stations around the country. If you live outside the viewing area for ACC Bally Sports games, ESPN subscribers can watch the game on WatchESPN. If you live in the viewing area, you can use a VPN on your device to convince WatchESPN that you’re in Southern California or Chicago or some area that doesn’t get the game on TV.

As far as I know, there are no VPNs for Roku. I watch Bally games on my tablet using FreeVPN with no problems.

Additional note: This set up is nothing new. Every since ESPN started streaming and maybe even before that, they have had a national option for watching games aired regionally on Bally Sports, Fox Sports, and whatever the predecessors names were. What has changed is that fewer people have Bally Sports than before.

We've ruined a good amount of good NC State seasons. Worried they might return the favor. Probably LOWF

25 years later I still cringe at the memory of a bad NC State team beating #4 Wake in Winston in 1997 with a late steal by Justin Gainey to send it to OT and a buzzer beater three by CC Harrison to win it despite his foot clearly on the line. I'm very tired of refs reviewing every late game close call but video review would have been nice that day.

Still doesn’t make sense to me. There is no longer a specific “Watch ESPN” app that I am aware of ….only a general ESPN app and when I sign into it I am into my ESPN+ access. I can find the game by either picking the “Watch” or “ESPN+“ option at bottom and either way it ends at same point and says ACCN extra and blacked out….all with the VPN connected to somewhere in the middle of US. Will keep trying some different VPN servers I guess…

Not generally a fan of 9:00 start. But it just so happens I have a conflict at 7 so we will be there for tip. Went to bed early last night to prep for a long day today.

Same here. If the game were at 7:00 or 8:00, I couldn't be there. But 9:00 is a go.

Still doesn’t make sense to me. There is no longer a specific “Watch ESPN” app that I am aware of ….only a general ESPN app and when I sign into it I am into my ESPN+ access. I can find the game by either picking the “Watch” or “ESPN+“ option at bottom and either way it ends at same point and says ACCN extra and blacked out….all with the VPN connected to somewhere in the middle of US. Will keep trying some different VPN servers I guess…

It's the regular ESPN app. If you have a TV provider, you should have an option to watch from the game or choose Watch and search for the game.

I don't have ESPN+ but you could try signing out of your ESPN+ account to watch the game so there's no confusion.

Back