• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MBB Game 32: ACCT Time -- #13 BC v. #5 WF: Wednesday - 2:30 pm - ESPN

Haven’t studied too many projections - IU in over Michigan right now according to most? What is Texas A&M’s status?

SEC money is gonna make them dominant in football and basketball. The combo of Swofford and Wellman have really crushed Wake, maybe forever.

Yes, WF is doomed. Maybe, you should move on to the Missouri board. They are really kicking ass in everything.

Mizzou is not good. But the SEC in general is. Can’t fight the money. They will continue to get top coaches. Basketball is an afterthought to most of these schools but they can easily pay their coaches 2x what most ACC schools pay without blinking.

NIL will also impact us negatively. Just fact.

We have traditionally been good in basketball in the best conference in basketball. Now we are middle of the road at best in a middle of the road at best basketball conference.

Look at who UNC and Duke have hired. ACC is behind the SEC in most respects and what made the ACC unique and great is gone. Meanwhile we have a terrible tv deal and way less money to spend.

Duke and unc made legacy hires like you knew they would.

Yeah no too surprising in theory but Davis wasn’t very impressive in year one and although I think scheyer will be good jury is definitely out there.

If Duke and UNC are down for the next 5 years ACC hoops is in trouble in my opinion, relative to the SEC in particular.

ACC teams need to schedule and win against better competition in basketball and football. Let's face it, the last two decades, the conference has been coasting on the success of UNC/Duke and Clemson/FSU and floundering otherwise.

Mizzou is not good. But the SEC in general is. Can’t fight the money. They will continue to get top coaches. Basketball is an afterthought to most of these schools but they can easily pay their coaches 2x what most ACC schools pay without blinking.

NIL will also impact us negatively. Just fact.

We have traditionally been good in basketball in the best conference in basketball. Now we are middle of the road at best in a middle of the road at best basketball conference.

Look at who UNC and Duke have hired. ACC is behind the SEC in most respects and what made the ACC unique and great is gone. Meanwhile we have a terrible tv deal and way less money to spend.

We have always been middle of the road in the ACC. A handful of ACC championships over 70 years and 1 final four.

We have always been middle of the road in the ACC. A handful of ACC championships over 70 years and 1 final four.

I think that's in line with what he was saying. We've been pretty good in basketball. We were middle of road in the best basketball conference in the country.

Not that we were world beaters but our greatest shortcoming has been our postseason play. We had an incredible stretch of NCAA appearances (pretty good in a great league) but choked so many times it has become part of our program's DNA. If we had just played to seed in most of those appearances our program would look completely different today.

We were arguably the #3 program in the best basketball conference in the country. We are the worst program in this expanded mediocre ACC.

That's not middle of the road. That's bottom tier. Off the top of my head, only Clemson is appreciably worse in the ACC as it was pre-1992. Among the newer additions, you could maybe add a few, but with a smaller sample size. FSU was independent for many years. No idea what Miami, VT, Pitt, and BC did prior to the Big East. Cuse obviously is well above us. Just about every goddamn team in the country has a FF appearance since we had our last. GT has a few. UVA has a few plus a title. Maryland won a title before bolting.

I guess the good news is we are overdue. The bad news is we may be cursed.

Is the team we beat by 19 on their home court about to burst our bubble by beating our rival team we dominated by 22, in the one game we needed our rival to win?

Is the team we beat by 19 on their home court about to burst our bubble by beating our rival team we dominated by 22, in the one game we needed our rival to win?

For good measure will probably knock unc out of top net 30
Just a remarkable three days

We beat VT in Dec. We also had to go to OT to beat a horrible Oregon St. team. VT is not the same team as they were in 2021. No one is taking us over VT based on that Dec game.

One last comment on this game. Recognizing that all we had to do was make a few FT's or even get a last shot off.

Painfully watching the rest of the ACCT, most of the games have few foul calls. Our game had 58 foul shots. I think only 3 other games had any in the 40's. Many were under 30, where BC got 34. Our game was such an outlier.

We still had our chances and didn't deliver.

What a disaster. This stupid loss will knock a 13-7 ACC team out of the NCAA tourney. Even when Wake got good again it remained the biggest c*ck tease in sports.

Wake's loses thanks to a single free throw and ends up missing the tourney completely. VaTech gets past Clemson on one missed free throw then goes on to win the ACC Tourney.

Basketball is a crazy game.

That's not middle of the road. That's bottom tier. Off the top of my head, only Clemson is appreciably worse in the ACC as it was pre-1992. Among the newer additions, you could maybe add a few, but with a smaller sample size. FSU was independent for many years. No idea what Miami, VT, Pitt, and BC did prior to the Big East. Cuse obviously is well above us. Just about every goddamn team in the country has a FF appearance since we had our last. GT has a few. UVA has a few plus a title. Maryland won a title before bolting.

I guess the good news is we are overdue. The bad news is we may be cursed.

It’s time we reckon with Wake Forest basketball’s past and recognize we are a bottom tier program, historically. The only way we will fix this mess is by being honest with ourselves first. No more of this “historically top 26 program” talk please. This is what makes complacent and unwilling to push forward and make real and necessary change. By any legitimate metic, we suck (with a very few bright moments stretched out over time). Let’s be honest and then try to do better.

I really cannot believe the sequence of events that happened this week in ACC Basketball.

Gut punch after gut punch.

Back