• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MBB Game 32: ACCT Time -- #13 BC v. #5 WF: Wednesday - 2:30 pm - ESPN

Earl Grant is great at the cliche filled post game interview.

Yeah I’m not going to complain about refs lmao. This came down to coaching and execution. Coaches and players of the year do not allow this to happen. I rarely post but this game is a pretty clear indication those awards were fraudulent. No way this team didn’t know the magnitude of losing this game. Unprepared.

Our teams are so consistently fragile. A complete lack of killer instinct. I don't get it.

Like Earl Grant. Impressive debut season for a program that has been a mess.

They played hard af towards the end of the season. We didn't.

Yeah, it's nice to see a team prepared and willing to play hard in the tournament (I'm serious). Just sucks it is never us.

Refs fucking killed us, but missing free throws did us in. Jake missed two when we were up cost us the game. Choke job.

No excuse.

really sucks. i don't think we should try to draw too many conclusions by a single game though.

BC is 12-16 in the ACCT all time (I believe they said that). Wake is 8-26 over the last 26 years.

How does Forbes not call a timeout on that last Wake play in regulation?

HOW?

Future extension should include the prerequisite for ACCT wins. At least one.

Death, taxes, and tigerswood bitching about the refs no matter the game, circumstance, basically anything.

We choked, dude. To a far inferior team.

Just gross.

Of course we played awful. Good teams play awful and win all the time, and that would have happened today with competent referees.

Fun stat: after Grant got the whiny ass technical foul in the 2nd half, BC outshot Wake 13-5 for the rest of regulation from the line including a 9-0 run immediately after. Totally incompetent, possibly corrupt.

There is not excuse to let a team like BC back in the game when you're up 10 in the last 4th of the game when their legs should be tired. Total lack of heart by our team today.

For the ACCT pregame: no more expensive restaurants and pep talks from ridiculously rich alums. Also, no one should GAF about the ACC scoring title. It's meaningless.

Eat hotel food; listen to your coach and teammates be humble, be hungry, and be ready. WF beat up on a couple of teams that quit to close the season, and got fat and happy soaking in the accolades.

Our teams are so consistently fragile. A complete lack of killer instinct. I don't get it.

Across decades of players and coaches. It’s insane. There’s something about the culture of the basketball program.

Back