• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MBB Game 32: ACCT Time -- #13 BC v. #5 WF: Wednesday - 2:30 pm - ESPN

We can't win when we shoot 50% from the free throw line. Starting pg, goes 1-8 and you miss 16 threes.

Muscius and Williamson were terrible. Sy not much better and Williams didn’t play like the ACC player. I heard Forbes say there practice on Monday was bad. Sounds like they slacked off and let things go to their head.

Wake basketball will never return to any sort of glory. It just won’t. You can’t convince me otherwise.

Hope Wellman is somewhere choking on his spit at all hours of the day.

played like shit but make our some freethrows we win. that really fucks up the whole weekend

It’s so frustrating to have such an encouraging season with some incredibly high moments come to a screeching halt by losing to a dogshit team like BC.

Wake basketball will never return to any sort of glory. It just won’t. You can’t convince me otherwise.

Hope Wellman is somewhere choking on his spit at all hours of the day.

The fallacy in this line of thinking is that we ever had any sort of glory. A few conference championships and a final four don’t make us a great program.

Refs didn't help but we lost because of free throws, poor defense and we couldn't hit the broadside of barn at the end of the second half and overtime. Embarrassing loss. We have had a great year but this one really stings. Maybe we still get in the tournament and make a run. This was a Wake Forest loss if I have ever seen one.

Three observations:

1. BC out hustled us. They deserved to win.

2. BC got freaky good rolls and bounces on baskets over and over again.

3. The officiating was beneath all criticism. The ACC saved its worst reffing for last. These clowns should never be allowed near a basketball court ever again.

I mean, you have the player of the year who is made for that situation. I get it in retrospect, but that's his play.

if we called timeout (fair debate), i suspect we would have run the exact same play so not sure what difference it would have made.

I haven’t been this devastated by loss in any sport since 2005 West Virginia.

It wasn't even like they already had a play drawn up for something. Just totally iso'd Williams and let him take to the hole. Which if that is going to be your only plan at least don't do it in a way that's going to leave time on the clock. The whole last 10 minutes was a disaster to watch.

There are so many patterns recognizable in this game. The missed bunnies by Walton. The Daivien no show. The slow first half where we go down 8-10 multiple times. The sick/fatigued players.

Felt EXACTLY like the Clemson game.

What the fuck kind of snakebite does this program have?

We're not going to the NCAA, and honestly i don't give two shits about the NIT. Just end it and figure out next year.

FWIW if Buddy doesn't play any more games, ManMan got the scoring title.

They knew what was on the line. This was simply a massive choke job. The team has talent but mental toughness is lacking.

It’s fucking insane how incapable we are of winning in the ACC tournament.

Spring football practice starting up is exciting. Can't wait to see some of the new wrinkles on defense.

Maybe we should go get the $100 steaks after winning an actual fucking game in the tournament

Back