• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MBB Game 32: ACCT Time -- #13 BC v. #5 WF: Wednesday - 2:30 pm - ESPN

We hadn't played many complete games down the stretch. Outside of Louisville at home, we only had sporadic moments of good play @Duke, Miami, State, FSU, @State... etc. Maybe that should have been a bigger danger sign, along with the @Clemson turd.

Just sucks in one of the biggest games we look flat, again, to start. I don't understand that and wish someone would ask Forbes about it. It was a pretty consistent issue the latter half of the conference season for almost every game.

Williams cramping, wtf? We hadn't seen that all year. Mucius a lottt of bench time in the second half. Sy never got healthy.

Plenty of teams don’t play complete games. Yet Wake gets punished every March for not playing complete games.

I was literally shaking at the end of this game knowing that any chance at the NCAA's was probably disappearing. It's been a long while since I felt this nervous energy which is nice, but to lose to BC with this effort, this coaching, and this lack of preparation is shameful. We needed this win. BC played so much harder than we did. Grant's technical foul energized their guys and we played hesitant the entire OT.

Also, I wish we called two timeouts earlier. One, when BC was making their run and then again another TO at the end of regulation. You do this to set up your best play for your best player or Jake but you also use the TO to force the defense to feel the pressure and scramble a bit more. Set a series of screens and try to find a mismatch and drive the ball. Forbes should have had Walton in for a tip play at the rim, a la Duke's drive. I realize some of the guys were having off games, but IMO, we needed Muscious and Sy to come in and try to get some form of redemption. Saving a timeout when there is 5 seconds left in OT is useless.

Forbes did not have the team ready for that game, they looked indecisive, sloppy, and not locked in from the tip. Alondes laid yet another dud highlighted by disgusting body language, terrible leadership. An incredibly disappointing game from the ACC COY, and POY.

Would suggest you lay some blame on our other two seniors that went a combined 2-14 from the field in Mucius and Williamson. ManMan played his heart out, though well below his standards, and scored 17 with 4 assists.

I just have to remind myself that I need to take the same approach with Wake hoops that I do with all the other sports-- don't give a shit until it matters. Don't let yourself get overly excited about anything. Win a few ACCT games in the same year and not over a 15 year span, and I'll perk up. Get to the Sweet 16 and I'll perk up, unless we have to play Kentucky in any season because they'll murder us regardless. Beat Duke or UNC and I'll be happy for a moment.

But I didn't do that this year, and I'm fucking pissed off right now that we laid an egg against a team that didn't even have their name on their jerseys.

Would suggest you lay some blame on our other two seniors that went a combined 2-14 from the field in Mucius and Williamson. ManMan played his heart out, though well below his standards, and scored 17 with 4 assists.
Agree, Williamson and Muscius were terrible.

Just curious if any one knows. Do we have the worst tourney winning % since 2001 when Odom left?

The optics of the fancy-ass steak dinner last night is making me more angry by the minute

I'm not even 100% sure I care about making the tourney at this point. We haven't beaten any teams worth a damn all season so why should we bother to get excited about losing to yet another one?

We hadn't played many complete games down the stretch. Outside of Louisville at home, we only had sporadic moments of good play @Duke, Miami, State, FSU, @State... etc. Maybe that should have been a bigger danger sign, along with the @Clemson turd.

Just sucks in one of the biggest games we look flat, again, to start. I don't understand that and wish someone would ask Forbes about it. It was a pretty consistent issue the latter half of the conference season for almost every game.

Williams cramping, wtf? We hadn't seen that all year. Mucius a lottt of bench time in the second half. Sy never got healthy.

Agree. Strange time of the season to cramp. Not enough practice and pregame stretching? Sure sounds like it....

Our starters went 2/16 from deep and shot under 60% from the line.

We had the ball in the hands of our best player for the game winning shot and he collapsed.

Just a complete choke job. Too much pressure, too much attention, too much COY/POY talk. NIT probably more our speed anyway.

Not sure I've been this disappointed in a really long time. Didn't see this coming.

i haven't felt this bad about a wake game since west virginia. but it's my fault for getting sucked in again. court side seats to two games. deacon club again. i joked with friends that it would be typical wake to miss ncaa with coy and poy. deep down i knew. why do we get punished like this. goddamn Boston fucking college. i'm sorry for whining. started drinking before the game. i also was telling friends it feel good to care about the acc tournament again. holy fucking fuck. fuck fuck cunt fuck twat fuck shit fuck. good night

Back