• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MBB Game 7: Hampton Pirates - Saturday 12:30 pm - ACCN

Bold of Huckaby to assume our walk-ons are going to get 5 points in the last 2 min, but I'm here for it.

Yeah I don't have great thoughts about his abilities
It’s funny, I think he could be pretty good but he needs to fight for position, box out, grab rebounds with two hands, etc. He’s legit 7,0” and if he played like it, he could be a meaningful contributor.

Shame we got those scrubs 22 don’t like like Cam that become only the 3rd player in Wake bball history to get a triple double

The last two games were cathartic and I think well placed in the season. I hope this gets guys some confidence moving forward. That said, god SCSU and Hampton are awful.

What happened to McCray? I haven’t seen any info on him this year and he isn’t showing up on box scores even when the walk ons get in the game.

You just can't make too many definitive judgements about a team that has so many new parts you are trying to put together.

Last edited:
Jao looked rough but seems to get better as the game goes along

Has that been said? why is it a certainty? Both Williamson and Appleby will be gone next year he should get plenty of run.
Believe I saw on Twitter/Forbes presser a few weeks ago that his family wanted him to redshirt. No guarantee that means he's leaving but....yeah I'd wager he is.

This game probably puts the fundamentally sound argument to bed. Sorry, MichDeac
I couldn't watch the game until this morning but I saw this post yesterday and then saw his stat line of 17/3/3 on 50%.

But watching the game confirmed Carr had another good game and is going to be a really good player. I'm not even sure what you're talking about with a post like that but you're just blowing your bball credibility.

The announcers even mentioned Forbes was raving about Carr's bball IQ and then they proceeded to talk about how Carr was a great find and would create match up problems in the ACC.

The Carr watch continues.

Carr needs to learn how to catch the ball in rhythm. He had almost 3 turnovers yesterday bc he hesitated and blew a wide open 3. He also doesn’t box out, which is annoying considering he’s 6’10. Finally, Hampton defender pulled out the chair from under him on his sole post-up. But it worked out for us bc the defender then punched him in the face and got a flagrant 2.

We clearly have different definitions of fundamentals. I think Carr is good. I don’t think he’s particularly fundamentally sound after watching two games against basement level competition.

Keller and Bobi both have intriguing instincts, though. It’s easy to see both starting next year and Carr moving to the bench.

Back