• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MBB Game 7: Hampton Pirates - Saturday 12:30 pm - ACCN

Carr needs to learn how to catch the ball in rhythm. He had almost 3 turnovers yesterday bc he hesitated and blew a wide open 3. He also doesn’t box out, which is annoying considering he’s 6’10. Finally, Hampton defender pulled out the chair from under him on his sole post-up. But it worked out for us bc the defender then punched him in the face and got a flagrant 2.

We clearly have different definitions of fundamentals. I think Carr is good. I don’t think he’s particularly fundamentally sound after watching two games against basement level competition.

Keller and Bobi both have intriguing instincts, though. It’s easy to see both starting next year and Carr moving to the bench.
Pretty odd to imagine Forbes gives lots of PT to and praises the bball IQ of a guy who doesn't box out and makes lots of fundamental errors.

Monsanto started the year missing what seemed like his first 10 3s and is now back to shooting a cool 47% on the season. If we want to make the tournament, he needs to be taking a lot of shots.

Pretty odd to imagine Forbes gives lots of PT to and praises the bball IQ of a guy who doesn't box out and makes lots of fundamental errors.

6’10 post player should have more than 3 rebounds vs Hampton but ymmv

Idk man. I think he’s good (which is why he gets lots of PT!) and him improving is gonna have a lot to do with how good we are this year, but I just think his fundamentals are a work in progress.

Do you expect Forbes to throw him under the bus or something?

Monsanto started the year missing what seemed like his first 10 3s and is now back to shooting a cool 47% on the season. If we want to make the tournament, he needs to be taking a lot of shots.

He also looked close to puking in each timeout. He played so damn well in those last two.

Monsanto, on the other hand, may be the purest shooter we’ve had since Craig Dawson. Dude is halfway through his shooting motion by the time the ball hits his hands. Amazing to see live.

Was thinking that yesterday. Craig took longer than Monsanto to blossom. He can defend and rebound too.

Monsanto is in his fourth year out of high school.

Back