• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MBB Game Game 10: LSU Tigers in Atlanta - 2pm Saturday ESPNU

Didn't get to see the first half.

Marsh was sitting on the bench in the second half with a double-double, shooting 100% from the field with 1 personal foul. Some of his closeouts weren't great, so I am assuming that was why?

Keller and Klintman were out there for what seemed like 6-8 mins in a crucial part of the game.

Appleby is playing incredible and everyone else has been inconsistent or non-existent.

Wake is called the Swiss for a reason. Part of it is that we are a small school and generally unthreatening. However, the other part is that we don’t play to win…we are too focused on being nice and being a “good sport”…like playing the opposing team’s fight song at our home football games. Sickening. Or not publicly attacking referees when they cost us games. Maybe the worst example is when Ratface put in his thugs to manhandle CP3 in Cameron. Prosser should have put in our walk ons to “rough up” Duke’s best player. Instead it was thank you sir may I have another. The entire attitude needs to turn more towards winning and less on the “nice” stuff. It probably will not matter if we can’t figure out the NIL..we are going to be eaten alive.

DW needs to play better. I think you have to limit Monsanto's minutes a bit until you can get him to touch it three times in a row without hoisting up a contested three. I'm fine with him having a green light and think the last shot was fine (although Tyree not having a chance to take it down the lane is...disappointing) but he's gotta stop chucking so much, it's bad.
You can not get well below average performances from all but 3 players and expect to win. If we get even an average performance from anyone other than Appleby, Hildreth, and Marsh we're sitting at 8-2.

Last edited:
Tough loss. The Deacons were outscored 53-31 in the final 24 minutes of the game. LSU forced 15 turnovers for a 21-11 point advantage and dominated second chance points 14-7. KJ Williams hit 7-9 from 3 point range to lead the Tigers back from a 20 point first half deficit.

The Deacons never recovered a 14-2 LSU run in the final 4 minutes of the first half. Marsh was the only player to contribute off the bench and he is beginning to play starter minutes. A double-double of 13/11 will do that. Appleby was outstanding with 23 points and six assists. Hildreth provide 12 points and 8 rebounds. Foul trouble kept Carr on the bench and Monsanto shot a conscience free 2-10 from three point land.

Last edited:
I’m not going to get down on Forbes because I do think he is a really good coach, but…Keller and Klintman on the court for that long stretch in the 2nd half while Marsh rode the bench is terrible coaching. Keller and Klintman are not ready yet.
I think the reason Marsh was sitting is that he couldn't guard Lebron KJ Williams and he thought a different lineup might be more effective.

Probably been posted but it can’t be posted enough.

Marsh - 13 pts (6-6 fg), 11 reb in 24 min
Carr, Keller, Bradford, Klintman - 7 pts (3-8 fg), 9 reb in 50 min

Two unfortunate instances of not being able to rebound a missed FT. Those hurt in these types of close games. Team is young - pulling for them - it’s a good group. Think they can bring it together.

We still don't look like a cohesive team at all.

Appleby has turned in some excellent performances, assuming he will come back down to earth a bit. We need more guys to emerge as legit options. What is Daivien's role on this team going to be? He has been quiet this season for an experienced player who has shown ability in stretches before. I don't know what to think of Carr right now, he is struggling against good competition and he gets in foul trouble. Ituka is a non-factor at the moment, and many thought he would be a big part of the rotation.

Cam is showing flashes. It looks like its going to have to come from Marsh and Monsanto if we are going to do anything in conference play. Unless something really clicks for one of the freshman, they just look outmatched or not fit yet to play major minutes.

Our frontline is obviously very, very young.

We obviously need more out of everyone not named Ty or Marsh.

I assume Daivien is not 100%. We need him to be 100%. We also need something from Jao.

We still don't look like a cohesive team at all.
We're a team built out of transfers. This is how I'd expect us to look tbf.

When you bring in an almost completely new rotation every year, you also can't complain that the team doesn't look cohesive for awhile.

I just don’t see it with this team. And Forbes has had time to build.
I mean, the whole rotation with two exceptions are playing with each other for the first time. You could criticize Forbes for recruiting rosters like this, but I don't know how much time that he's actually had to build this particular roster. We play like a team that hasn't played together all that much before because...we haven't.

Last edited:
Random thoughts.

Put Williamson back into the starting line up if healthy replacing Monsanto. This team needs 10+ ppg from Davien to win. Put Marsh into the starting line up replacing Keller. He is obviously the best 5 on the team. Do not put Keller and Klintman on the floor together. Let them get their minutes with either Carr or Marsh opposite them.

Ituka has no D. He can score but he can't stay with his man for two steps. Forbes may need to give him more than 3 minutes just to get some offense. Carr is having foul difficulties. He isn't a proficient ball handler so simplify his role to defense, points and rebounds.

This team has a lot of warts

Last edited:
I mean, the whole rotation with two exceptions are playing with each other for the first time. You could criticize Forbes for recruiting rosters like this (though definitely don't say that on 247), but I don't know how much time that he's actually had to build this particular roster. We play like a team that hasn't played together all that much before because...we haven't.
Sure. But like I said, he has had time to build and hasn’t.

And other than Appleby, who is a legit top-tier player on this team?

Back