• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

McCreary Football Complex Reveal

I contributed what I could to this effort and I have met Bob on a few occasions. He's one of the nicest people you'd ever want to meet. I do not have Big Bob money. Wish I did.

If Wake ever has a bad season, it sure as hell can't be blamed on facilities. We have to be in the top 50 in the country. Maybe top 25 when it comes to facilities.

As result of all of these facility upgrades with all of these bells and whistles, WF has to continuing to add to its facilities staff. The upfront cost gets all of the attention, but it also costs significant continuing dollars to maintain these facilities at the optimum level. The WF payroll must really be expanding.

All of those upgrades to the practice facility. Looking forward to the Locker Room updates at the stadium.

All of those upgrades to the practice facility. Looking forward to the Locker Room updates at the stadium.

At one point, there was discussion of starting over with the field house given the feedback from architects and engineers. I can't remember all the details now but there were some valid reasons.

I do know that the locker rooms are way up at the top of priorities for Groves.

Bridger feels really dated right now. It’s about 25-30 years old IIRC. Could really do a lot with that space and it’s revenue generating through events and ticket options.

Bridger feels really dated right now. It’s about 25-30 years old IIRC. Could really do a lot with that space and it’s revenue generating through events and ticket options.
I thought there was a Bridger renovation plan. Am I mistaken? I certainly agree that it is almost useless space at the moment.

I thought there was a Bridger renovation plan. Am I mistaken? I certainly agree that it is almost useless space at the moment.
There was definitely a plan late in Grobe’s tenure that was scrapped for on campus work that we are wrapping up now.

There was and I think the price-tag changed priorities to on-campus focus. Which, in hindsight, probably has yielded more recruiting dividends. It's been ages ago but I do recall that it was going to be far more involved than just knocking down a few walls and enhancing the locker rooms. I'm almost certain we have newer plans but none of that has been shared with peons like me.

With all this $$$ spent on football, it seems reasonable to spend some $$ to get the green seats out of the top level of the Joel.

There are multiple renovations planned for the Joel. New seats are part of the plan.
Also much like football decisions, the investments are in the parts of the program the players interact with the most. It’s frankly the right decision. Winning teams will bring fans to shitty arenas better than a nice arena to a shitty team. We’ve spent a ton of coin on on campus facilities the players are literally in every single day.

Also much like football decisions, the investments are in the parts of the program the players interact with the most. It’s frankly the right decision. Winning teams will bring fans to shitty arenas better than a nice arena to a shitty team. We’ve spent a ton of coin on on campus facilities the players are literally in every single day.
I understand that. But the Joel would look so much better with black seats upstairs. I’ve ridden by campus a couple of times this summer and driven back to the entrance to the Shah/Sutton Center to see the progress on the football locker rooms. I knew the exterior was going to rock, but the interior is awesome too. McCreary really loves the Deacs.

No truer words were ever spoken.
So how much Wake lifetime giving is McCreary at? 50 million? 75? 100? Definitely loves his Deacs and so glad for it. Must have sold a lot of furniture for this to be excess give away money. He definitely deserves thank you notes from us all.

Back