• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

McCreary Football Complex Reveal

I understand that. But the Joel would look so much better with black seats upstairs. I’ve ridden by campus a couple of times this summer and driven back to the entrance to the Shah/Sutton Center to see the progress on the football locker rooms. I knew the exterior was going to rock, but the interior is awesome too. McCreary really loves the Deacs.
Well sure. The Joel would look sweet with solid gold seats that flicked your bunghole sensuously throughout the game, but these things cost money.

Well sure. The Joel would look sweet with solid gold seats that flicked your bunghole sensuously throughout the game, but these things cost money.
How familiar are you with the costs of sensuous bunghole flicking chairs? I’m in the market for a new one. Any suggestions?

Just curious- what would it cost to replace the green seats? A million? UNC replaced all of the bleachers at Kenan with ugly baby blue seats. That’s about 40k seats. Upstairs at the Joel must be 8k seats. WF must have a good reason to keep delaying it.

Just curious- what would it cost to replace the green seats? A million? UNC replaced all of the bleachers at Kenan with ugly baby blue seats. That’s about 40k seats. Upstairs at the Joel must be 8k seats. WF must have a good reason to keep delaying it.
I think that it would not be very high on the priority list. It is only noticeable to the people in the coliseum. It is never shown on TV. At least they replaced the tan seats that we in the lower level when the LJVM first opened.

This is really, really cool. Love the felt on the pool tables, and the pools.

How do we measure up with UNC, NC State, Clemson and our other rivals, for recruits now?

Does our tour blow recruits away now? Seems like this facility makes that a definitive YES.

This is really, really cool. Love the felt on the pool tables, and the pools.

How do we measure up with UNC, NC State, Clemson and our other rivals, for recruits now?

Does our tour blow recruits away now? Seems like this facility makes that a definitive YES.
Better than State. Slightly better than UNC. Way behind Clemson.

Better than State. Slightly better than UNC. Way behind Clemson.
Is Clemson really even our rival when it comes to recruiting?

I think we should have comparable, or better, facilities than Duke, UNC, NCSU, UVa, VT, etc. We can't keep up with Clemson and FSU.

I think we should have comparable, or better, facilities than Duke, UNC, NCSU, UVa, VT, etc. We can't keep up with Clemson and FSU.
I'm somewhat confident we have better facilities than fsu. At least that was some of the waterworks jimbo wanted shed when he left for tamu.

I would not consider Clemson a rival in football. I do think we have better facilities than everyone else listed there, including FSU.

Well, officially we now need to have better facilities than our rivals Duke, Georgia Tech and Virginia Tech.

Didn't Duke just finish a big facilities upgrade ? I wonder how ours compares.

Not a rival of Clemson's and for the most part rarely recruiting the same guys, but I toured their place not long ago and I would say that as far as quality of facilities goes we're right there with them. They do have a slide so there's that.

I started at Wake 20 years ago this fall. The facility improvements that have occurred over that period of time (and honestly feels like a relatively short period of time) are nearly inconceivable to me. In the fall of 2003, the football stadium had the shitty old press box, the football practice facilities consisted of a couple of shortened outdoor fields next to some small one story football administrative building whose name I can't remember, Reynolds gym still looked like it did 50 years earlier, baseball had a HS-eqsue field with no lights, and I don't know what the basketball team had but it sure as hell wasn't the Shah complex. Just amazing.

What are they going to do with the Mark Pruitt football wing of the old athletic dept building?

So how much Wake lifetime giving is McCreary at? 50 million? 75? 100? Definitely loves his Deacs and so glad for it. Must have sold a lot of furniture for this to be excess give away money. He definitely deserves thank you notes from us all.
Somewhere in the neighborhood of $75 mill I was told today.

Back